ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent (child) born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NDK
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent (child) born in UK

Post by NDK » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:00 pm

I have two questions -

1. I am filling visa form for my child who is 6 months, so who will sign the form. And in the declaration section whose details should be filled?

2. Sponsorship section - Is this for the parent to fill in?

Thanks in Advance

Roma.

NDK
Newly Registered

Post by NDK » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Can any one please respond to my queries.

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 dependent (child) born in UK

Post by ddb » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:53 am

NDK wrote:1. I am filling visa form for my child who is 6 months, so who will sign the form. And in the declaration section whose details should be filled?
The declaration section clearly states as follows:

"M. Dependant
It is mandatory to complete Section M. If it is not complete the application will be invalid and
will be returned to the dependant.
The dependant must sign below to show that he/she has read and understood the following
declaration. It must be authorised by the dependant and not by a representative or other
person acting on his/her behalf. If the dependant is under 18, his/her parent or guardian may
sign.
"
NDK wrote:2. Sponsorship section - Is this for the parent to fill in?
The form shows that the sponsorship section falls under 'Dependants of Tier 2 and Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) main applicants'.

NDK
Newly Registered

Post by NDK » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:20 am

Hi,

I got my Tier 1 visa in September 2009 and now I am to apply for the Dependant visa for my 6 months old child. Can any one answer my below queries:

Section C1 pg 11: Under what nationality did the dependant enter the United Kingdom?

Section D12 pg 15: What is the Dependant's current immigration status in United Kingdom?

Section D25 pg 17: Was this application submitted before the Dependant's leave expired? Should the answer be Yes or No?

Section F pg 23: Is Biometric Residence Permit applicable for my child's visa?

Section J6: pg 29: Has the main applicant's application been assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?

Section M pg 39: Whose name should be mentioned, should it be mine or my child's name? I understand that since my child is just 6 months old I would be sign. Please confirm.

I would be highly thankful if you could answer my queries

Many Thanks in advance

December31

Post by December31 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:08 am

NDK wrote:Hi,

I got my Tier 1 visa in September 2009 and now I am to apply for the Dependant visa for my 6 months old child. Can any one answer my below queries:

You did not mention where your child was born, inside or outside UK. I assume he/she was born here in the below answers.

Section C1 pg 11: Under what natiomnality did the dependant enter the United Kingdom? Your child nationality based on descent.

Section D12 pg 15: What is the Dependant's current immigration status in United Kingdom? 'Tier 1(General) Dependent, if you are tier 1 general

Section D25 pg 17: Was this application submitted before the Dependant's leave expired? Should the answer be Yes or No?

Yes, bio photo will be taken but not the finger prints

Section J6: pg 29: Has the main applicant's application been assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?
No

Section M pg 39: Whose name should be mentioned, should it be mine or my child's name? I understand that since my child is just 6 months old I would be sign. Please confirm.
Your name as it is being signed by you.

I would be highly thankful if you could answer my queries

How do I know all these, I filled the application yesterday, and I got the same queries, and I called the UKBA

Many Thanks in advance

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:52 am

NDK wrote:Hi,

Section C1 pg 11: Under what nationality did the dependant enter the United Kingdom?

Section D12 pg 15: What is the Dependant's current immigration status in United Kingdom?

Assuming child was born in the UK:

C1 - Child is a xxx national. Child born in the UK

D12 - Child born in the UK. This is child's first application for leave to remain

D25 N/a Child born in the UK

F1 - No child has not been issued with a BRP

Section M - your name if you are signing

NDK
Newly Registered

Post by NDK » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks to all for your responses. It was really useful.

Actually I am still confused with regards to Biometric. What do yo mean by Bio photo?

Do I have to visit them personally and submit or take a photo in their presence?

Apologies for asking the same question but I am completely lost with this biometric thing.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

NDK
Newly Registered

Post by NDK » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Can any one please respond on this one...please it is a bit urgent!!

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:51 pm

See also Biometric residence permits - Tier 1
Click on the links given in the topic and read the information given therein.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

December31

Post by December31 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:24 pm

I have already responded to this, yes your child would require biometrics, only the biometric photo will be taken, but not the fingerprints as the child is under 6 years.