ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arrange a Courier to Collect Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vcyapple
Newly Registered

Arrange a Courier to Collect Passport

Post by vcyapple » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:39 pm

I given my biometric information on the 13th of May, and need to travel on the 19th of June, which is the following Sunday. I need to decide if I should cancel my flight now, or worth to wait until next week? I will be charge more cancellation fee on next week.
Is there anybody given biometric informaiton after the 10th of May, and have received passport back? I know every case is different, I just want to know is there any posibility to receive my passport on next week?
Will that be fast to arrange a courier to collect passport? The webisite said I need to send a fax to Home office for arrange a courier, but anybody know what information should I given in the fax?
Thanks for everyone's help.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:49 pm

If you see the sticky timelines then it is clear that people who gave bio martics between 3 - 10 May got docs last week.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=160

So If you are asking us if its worth a gamble to wait then its only you who can understand your circumstances and urgent need of travel. We dont know the price of ticket and we do not know the purpose of travel..So cant advise.

I am not sure but I think arranging a courier can delay the dispatch process. I think its better to let it come by normal post.

t1gbee
Newly Registered

Re: Arrange a Courier to Collect Passport

Post by t1gbee » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi,

I will advice you to send a fax to UKBA and explain about your urgency. UKBA will never provide the status for 14 weeks, but it worked me as I came to know that the Bio-metric taken for me at Cardiff was not updated in the system. Then I sent a fax to UKBA and explained about my situation.

I got reply next day stating my application was completed and sent through fax. Worth to give a try.

Please refer update given by "aliphili" in the In-country application timelines thread.

Cheers

vcyapple wrote:I given my biometric information on the 13th of May, and need to travel on the 19th of June, which is the following Sunday. I need to decide if I should cancel my flight now, or worth to wait until next week? I will be charge more cancellation fee on next week.
Is there anybody given biometric informaiton after the 10th of May, and have received passport back? I know every case is different, I just want to know is there any posibility to receive my passport on next week?
Will that be fast to arrange a courier to collect passport? The webisite said I need to send a fax to Home office for arrange a courier, but anybody know what information should I given in the fax?
Thanks for everyone's help.

vcyapple
Newly Registered

Post by vcyapple » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:25 pm

thanks very much for everyone's help.
I will send a fax to home office, and let everyone know what result I can get.

jacksdosen
Newly Registered

Post by jacksdosen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:35 pm

I would suggested you to send a fax to the UKBA and explain your urgency. UKBA will not provide 14-week position, but it worked me, I know, I am in Cardiff in the biological measurement system is not updated. Then I sent a fax to the UKBA and explain my situation. So That was a good to send a fax to the Main office if.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:41 pm

jacksdosen wrote:I would suggested you to send a fax to the UKBA and explain your urgency. UKBA will not provide 14-week position, but it worked me, I know, I am in Cardiff in the biological measurement system is not updated. Then I sent a fax to the UKBA and explain my situation. So That was a good to send a fax to the Main office if.
spam