ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing questions in FAQ for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tknayak

Missing questions in FAQ for ILR

Post by tknayak » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:28 pm

Thanks for posting an FAQ for ILR here.

This is really helpful.
Couple of questions still remain from my perspective. I am a Tier 1 General migrant with two dependants. I have got my Tier 1 extended last week. (The required points were 95, I scored 105.) I will go for ILR in Feb 2012.

1. I understand that I have to score points on various factors such as Age, Qualification, Earnings, UK Experience, English language and maintenance funds(?) etc. for ILR. What is the minimum point I need to score? Is it still 105, which I did during my Tier 1 extension last week? The doubt is because, the FAQ says that I need not to show maintenance of funds. If this is the case, my points will not add up to 105.

2. The answer to the question in the FAQ "What is the minimum salary requirements for ILR? " is not very clear for Tier 1 migrants. I understand that points are awarded. But should that point be same or greater than the points you got during your last extension or can it be less?

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:46 pm

Click on the relevant link provided in the answer to "Q - What is the minimum salary requirements for ILR?"
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:08 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Click on the relevant link provided in the answer to "Q - What is the minimum salary requirements for ILR?"
The link from the FAQ page does not open. But I found that link in the page http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idichapter6a/

which takes you to http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idichapter6a/section1.pdf?view=Binary

This document does not reflect professional attitude of home office. This is still in track changes and looks like a quick effort to copy/paste from the Tier1 guidance document.

Anyway, what I understood is that, we need not to score any point for maintenance funds. As far as I am concerned, I have to score 75 points towards Age, Qualification, Previous earnings and UK experience.

And it does not matter whether my salary is less/more at the time of application than the salary at the last Tier1 extension. I have to just score total point of 75.

(I might have mis-interpreted, since this document is not a well formatted document and lacks clarity)

Thanks sushdmehta for a quick reply.