ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Nationality Help

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I need your help, As I have few questions? I got my ILR after 10 years legal residance last year in June. Now its nearly year, I have asked few solicitors and one of them said I have to wait for 5 years after my ILR so I can apply for British Nationality, and second one said no I can apply after one year of having ILR.

Now my quetions are hereunder,

When can I apply for Nationality after 1 year or 5....?

If its 1 year what form do I need to fill, is it AN or .......?

How much does it cost now if I apply at the end of June?

lastly how long will it take or I mean how long they are taking these days?

Bonus question, if you know what documents do I need to submit? (this is optional question)

I'll be very greatfull to you all for reading such a long list of questions. I'll be very thankful to you all for your replies.

Regrads

New Applicant
Once again thanks in advance.

khankhattak

Re: Nationality Help

Post by khankhattak » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Junaidbinyasin wrote:Hi everyone,

I need your help, As I have few questions? I got my ILR after 10 years legal residance last year in June. Now its nearly year, I have asked few solicitors and one of them said I have to wait for 5 years after my ILR so I can apply for British Nationality, and second one said no I can apply after one year of having ILR.

Bonus question, if you know what documents do I need to submit? (this is optional question)

I'll be very greatfull to you all for reading such a long list of questions. I'll be very thankful to you all for your replies.

Regrads

New Applicant
all of ur answers r in this link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /applying/
have u lived legally in uk before u get ilr if u live legally then u can apply after one year of getting ilr depends on ur residency (absence) in uk can u please give more details about ur residency period
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:45 pm

khankhattak wrote:

Regrads

New Applicant
have u lived legally in uk before u get ilr if u live legally then u can apply after one year of getting ilr depends on ur residency (absence) in uk can u please give more details about ur residency period
I lived legal throught my life uk I was never illegal in uk not even a min, last I was absent from uk was 2007 only for month before that I was absent in 2005 for 5 weeks. And if I go back I was absent in 2004 but that was for 4 months. Hope that clears all ambiguty.

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:22 am

Junaidbinyasin wrote:
khankhattak wrote:

Regrads

New Applicant
I lived legal throught my life uk I was never illegal in uk not even a min, last I was absent from uk was 2007 only for month before that I was absent in 2005 for 5 weeks. And if I go back I was absent in 2004 but that was for 4 months. Hope that clears all ambiguty.
so why u waiting for u can apply after one year of ilr but when u applying u should b in uk physically before five years and please can u write down on which category u lived in uk like (student, visit etc..)

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:01 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:37 pm

khankhattak wrote:
Junaidbinyasin wrote:
khankhattak wrote:

Regrads

New Applicant
so why u waiting for u can apply after one year of ilr but when u applying u should b in uk physically before five years and please can u write down on which category u lived in uk like (student, visit etc..)
I lived as student.

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Junaidbinyasin wrote:
khankhattak wrote:
Junaidbinyasin wrote:
khankhattak wrote: all of ur answers r in this link
I lived as student.
then fine u can apply after one year
the documents u need to show is ur residency proof and that can be ur passport on which u enter uk five years before or wages slips that shows u r here for five five years etc.. but u need to show the proof that u lived in uk for five years u can check the link for more information