ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points Awarded for Age in the Extn Appln

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dilip_gem

Points Awarded for Age in the Extn Appln

Post by dilip_gem » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Hi there,
My tier 1 (Gen) extn is due in Feb 2012. I got my initial application approved (abroad) in 2009. Though I was getting 5 points for age that time, I did not claim points for the age as I had enough points to get qualified just based on my education & earnings (also I was not sure about the Age calculations).

Now for the extension application I want to claim points for age. Is it possible? Coz when I read the guidance notes it says the points for age will be awarded based on the points claimed & awarded during initial application ! Does that mean, I wont be able to claim points for age now?

If I'm eligible for claiming the age what documents do I need? My passport has my Date of Birth written on it. Would that suffice? or do I need another document? Like we show earnings in 2 different documents (bank statement & Pay slips)

I do not have my Birth Certificate with me coz in my country when we join the school we submit the original birth certificate. For Age proof we use Passport or School Leaving Certificate (that is 10th standard Marks Card which has Date of Birth)

Regards,
Gem

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:09 am

hi dilip_gem,
i am not sure if you can claim age point now or not,however passport is acceptable evidence for age.

regards,
Kash

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Points Awarded for Age in the Extn Appln

Post by ddb » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:10 am

dilip_gem wrote:Coz when I read the guidance notes it says the points for age will be awarded based on the points claimed & awarded during initial application
There's your answer.

You could still try to see if you can still claim points, but the answer to your question is clearly stated in the guidance and form.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:58 pm

According to guidance you can not claim more. But your reason is logical and exceptional. Better get in touch with policy team of Home office and seek clarification.

No one here has knowledge or experience of this.

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 pm

thanks All for your reply..
Hi Rizwan,
You mentioned "According to guidance you can not claim more..." Are you talking just for the Age??
If for all other areas then What about a scenario where a applicant gets additional degree (post Graduate degree) during the initial visa period.. that is, Initial Entry based on Bachelor's degree(30 points) and then earns a Masters Degree (35 points) during the initial granted period?? Does that mean the candidate can't claim 35 points even after getting masters degree lateron??
This applies to Previous Earnings aswell, as the Points for earnings can change (could be more or less)??

thanks,
Gem
rizwan567 wrote:According to guidance you can not claim more. But your reason is logical and exceptional. Better get in touch with policy team of Home office and seek clarification.

No one here has knowledge or experience of this.

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Just read the Guidance document once again (section2:12 Page14 of 35)..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

It says points will be awarded based on the applicant's age at the date of the application at initial grant of first leave !
This does NOT say that points Awarded will be same as that of the points Claimed & Awarded at the initial application stage..
Sorry for the confusion that I created in this forum ! The wordings I used (points claimed and awarded etc...) in my first message were from some other thread..

I hope It's clear now.. Thanks all..

Regards,
Gem

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Dilip_gem sounds correct.

You can claim more points in income and education category and may be in age category too.