ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complicated Visa Query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pelen23

Complicated Visa Query

Post by pelen23 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi all,

I have a complicated immigration history in the u.k and i dont know what to do.

I am a Turkish citizent i came to the U.K as a student over ten years ago. While i was studing , i met a Finnish guy and started to live togethere after a while he proposed civil partnership in Finland as it was not legal here then ( july 2004).in october 2004, we applied unmarried partnership visa to make a good application we included certificate of civil partnership as well and i got the visa 3 weeks later however a year later our relationship came to an end . I should have left the country but decided to stay here till my visa expires and changed my job.

in 2006, a friend said that there is special visa for Turkish citizens that i can switch to. This visa was not known then and home office said there is no such thing but me and my solicitor made an application and i got this visa in May 2008. for details please see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... h/workers/ I have been currently on this visa and this the fifth year of my employment and my visa expires in may 2013.

I have been with a British guy for 4 years. we have been living together for a year and we have decided to do a civil partnership. now my question is
- do i get a problem with a new dependent visa as my previous relationship ended?
- would they ask proof of disolution of the civil partnership in finland? how can i prove it ? with a translated disolution paper?
- if my application is denied , will my current visa be cancelled ?

Many thanks