ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent maintaince help urgent plz

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahid78

dependent maintaince help urgent plz

Post by shahid78 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi Ya
I m on student visa here, my wife is here as well with me, and mean while my baby born and now i need to apply for my baby visa seperately, can some one let me know plz that how much maintiance fund i m suppose to maintain and for how long to apply for for my baby visa..
Thanks

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:30 am

shahid78

Post by shahid78 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 pm

acutually that policy gudiance is bit ambigious , what i need to find out when i will apply for new born baby seperately will i have to maintain fund for my self and my wife as well or not thanks.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:09 am

shahid78 wrote:
acutually that policy gudiance is bit ambigious , what i need to find out when i will apply for new born baby seperately will i have to maintain fund for my self and my wife as well or not thanks.
On the presumption that you have an established student presence, I believe the following paragraphs from the policy guidance are applicable;

"59. A family member of a Tier 4 (General) student must show that he/she has enough money to cover his/her monthly living costs whilst the student is studying in the United Kingdom.

60. The amount of money a family member has to show will depend on whether the student already has an established presence studying in the United Kingdom. Where a student has an established presence studying in the United Kingdom, the family member will need to show less money for living costs.

64. A student with an established presence studying in the United Kingdom must show that he/she has money for his/her living costs for each month of his/her course up, to a maximum of 2 months."

As I understand it, you only need to show up to a maximum of 2 months maintenance for just you (the student) and your baby (the family member). Hope this helps.

Other members please comment.

shahid78

Post by shahid78 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:12 am

ddb wrote:
shahid78 wrote:
On the presumption that you have an established student presence, I believe the following paragraphs from the policy guidance are applicable;

"59. A family member of a Tier 4 (General) student must show that he/she has enough money to cover his/her monthly living costs whilst the student is studying in the United Kingdom.

60. The amount of money a family member has to show will depend on whether the student already has an established presence studying in the United Kingdom. Where a student has an established presence studying in the United Kingdom, the family member will need to show less money for living costs.

64. A student with an established presence studying in the United Kingdom must show that he/she has money for his/her living costs for each month of his/her course up, to a maximum of 2 months."

As I understand it, you only need to show up to a maximum of 2 months maintenance for just you (the student) and your baby (the family member). Hope this helps.

thanks for the answer will i have to maintan funds for my wife as well will i ?

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:06 am

shahid78 wrote:
ddb wrote: As I understand it, you only need to show up to a maximum of 2 months maintenance for JUST YOU (the student) AND YOUR BABY (the family member). Hope this helps.

thanks for the answer will i have to maintan funds for my wife as well will i ?