ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling out my Tier 2 application form, please help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

barbie1

Filling out my Tier 2 application form, please help

Post by barbie1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:41 am

I have 2 questions about this application form.

I have been on a student visa, entry clearance gained from home country, then post study worker and now applying for tier 2.
When answering questions on section D about the immigration history:
''Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before travelling to the UK and what date was the entry clearance / visa issued'' does this refer to my current visa that would be the PSW or the initial entry clearance from my home country?

I have got a reference number on the current residence permit stamped on my passport, being UK1234567 (random 7 numbers) as well as a letter that came at the same time my visa was issued telling me my application had been successful with a different ref number on top under "OUR REF no."
I think I am supposed to leave HO ref number blank on the form (?). When asked to give details of any current work reference number under work permit arrangements and a separate Q on points based system migrant ref number, should I fill both these out and which number goes where?

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED THANKS!

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Filling out my Tier 2 application form, please help

Post by ddb » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:42 am

barbie1 wrote:When answering questions on section D about the immigration history:
''Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before travelling to the UK and what date was the entry clearance / visa issued'' does this refer to my current visa that would be the PSW or the initial entry clearance from my home country?
Initial entry clearance i.e. Student visa.
barbie1 wrote:I think I am supposed to leave HO ref number blank on the form (?).
Yes.
barbie1 wrote:When asked to give details of any current work reference number under work permit arrangements and a separate Q on points based system migrant ref number, should I fill both these out and which number goes where?
'Work reference number' applies to work permit holders not PBS visa holders, so that's not applicable to you. Leave blank.

'Points Based System migrant ref number' = the random nine alpha-numeric ref number on your current visa (top right), although the question can still be left blank.

barbie1

Re: Filling out my Tier 2 application form, please help

Post by barbie1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Thank you so much *ddb*! :)
ddb wrote:
barbie1 wrote:When answering questions on section D about the immigration history:
Initial entry clearance i.e. Student visa.
barbie1 wrote:I think I am supposed to leave HO ref number blank on the form (?).
Yes.
barbie1 wrote:When asked to give details of any current work reference number under work permit arrangements and a separate Q on points based system migrant ref number, should I fill both these out and which number goes where?
'Work reference number' applies to work permit holders not PBS visa holders, so that's not applicable to you. Leave blank.

'Points Based System migrant ref number' = the random nine alpha-numeric ref number on your current visa (top right), although the question can still be left blank.