ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa and British citizen returning to the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Penelope111
Newly Registered

Spouse visa and British citizen returning to the UK

Post by Penelope111 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out here. My husband and I are researching the best and correct method of returning to the UK. My husband is a Greek and British citizen and we both live in Greece now. I am thinking of applying for the spouse visa as this would enable us to skip the treaty rights (self sufficient etc).

We intend to travel together and will be unemployed when we enter the UK however with the look for a job. We have sufficient savings to tide us over for a while. Accomodation will be provided temporarily by friends. How would the finance bit of my application look? Does it look likely to be rejected on the basis of the finance part? All other aspects of the application look fine to me.

Thank

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Much depends on how substantial your savings are and how long the ECO considers they will last if you don't find employment easily. What nationality do you hold?

Penelope111
Newly Registered

Post by Penelope111 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:39 pm

I am non EU but do not require a visitor's visa to the UK. I think now we are leaning towards getting the EEA...