ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawal Of My Wife Passport during EEA2 Proces for 9 days

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fadijamshaid88
Newly Registered

Withdrawal Of My Wife Passport during EEA2 Proces for 9 days

Post by fadijamshaid88 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi there i posted my application with EEA2 form with my marriage certificate and sent EEA1 form for my wife she is from hungary.Home office received our application on 24th of may 2011.Now the problem is I havent received my COA yet its almost 20 days now and my wife is going to hungary for 9 days on 5th of july and she will be back on 14th of july Her ID card is expired so itt means she cannot travel without her passport as its with home office I want to ask a question I am going to request HOMEOFFICE for return of her passport back for ten days as i have already sent them prepaid special delivery envelope will they send her passport only or they will consider this 9 days travel to hungary as a withdrawal of all case .And if hr passport is withdrawn can i Ask them for certificate of application so that i can start work as i cannot work without certificate of applciation its been soo long for all the EU process to settle my self lol what should i do with this all please help me urgently
Many thanks
fadi

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Asking for the passport to be returned will not be counted as a withdrawal, see also this page towards the bottom.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:37 pm

It is fine to request back the passport. I would do that.

But please tell your wife that she can also, if needed, travel on her expired ID card or other good evidence that she is hungarian.
Directive 2004/38/EC
4. Where a Union citizen, or a family member who is not a national of a Member State, does not have the necessary travel documents or, if required, the necessary visas, the Member State concerned shall, before turning them back, give such persons every reasonable opportunity to obtain the necessary documents or have them brought to them within a reasonable period of time or to corroborate or prove by other means that they are covered by the right of free movement and residence.
I tend to enjoy seeing how this stuff works, so if I were her I would try traveling on the expired ID and keep the valid passport safely in a pocket.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:00 pm

my wife is hungarian and once we were in the same situation.
what i think is that if you can have e-mailfrom hungarian embassy that your wive's id is ok to travel that will be good.

once she is in Hungary she can apply for a new ID with 15000-20,000FT and it takes 5 days. pitty thing is that she will have to go to pest for it.

tc