ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I got a job offer??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cardiff
Newly Registered

I got a job offer??

Post by cardiff » Mon May 31, 2004 6:37 pm

Hi everybody, i did my post graduation from UK and after that i got a job offer from UK based company. I am over 28. Will it help me in my application under HSMP? I am not getting 65 points under normal points system. Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

KA

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Mon May 31, 2004 7:28 pm

It can only help speed things up once you meet the required points AND submit your application, i.e. you cannot get more points simply because you have a job offer, but it might help to show you are employable and you could request urgent treatment.

Best would be to ask your employer to apply for a normal work permit or, if you are one of those, check out the 'Science and Engineering Graduates' scheme on the Home Office website. It isn't finalised yet, but it might be soon (given that uni. courses are coming to an end).

Hope it helps, maybe others on the board have more ideas for you.