ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Loz27
Newly Registered

schengen visa

Post by Loz27 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:47 am

Just to let everybody know my husband applied for a French schengen visa and we recived it back within a week of applying. (it was granted for 2 years, multi entry)

We are going to Tennerife in a couple of weeks, does he just enter the country and enjoy his hols or are they any thing he should follow?

we will be visiting France later this year,

Thanks

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:53 am

Congratulations!

I understand one should first visit the country which has issued your Schengen visa, France in your case.

Was this your first Schengen visa? Ussually a tourist visa is issued for 6 months with multipile enty. I understand if you are applying Schengen Visa second time in Consulate/Embassy then they might issue you a longer visa. Am I right?

Loz27
Newly Registered

Post by Loz27 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:14 am

You apply to the country that you will visit the longest - if you are going to spend the same time in 2 diff countries then you apply for the country where you enter first,

We will be spending the longer period in France hence we applied there.

This is his first ever Schengen Visa ( we feel very lucky to have it stamped for 2 years! )

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: schengen visa

Post by ca.funke » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi Loz27,

thanks for sharing that!

May I ask for some more information?

What are you and your husband´s nationalities?
Where do you live at present?
Where did you apply for the visa?

It´d be great to know!

Enjoy your trip(s)!

Thanks again, rgds, Christian

Loz27
Newly Registered

Post by Loz27 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:52 am

What are you and your husband´s nationalities?

I am British and my Husband is Indian - he was here on a student visa in London - we were toegther for 3 years and engaged , and come over on a fiance visa, and now a spouse visa. We havent cheated the system, we havent lied and thats why i think everything run smoothly for us, as we are a genuine couple and they could see that by the stacks of evidence we gave them!! (im a romantic and like to keep everything!!)

Where do you live at present?
London

Where did you apply for the visa?
TO be honest i havent had to pay for any solictors advice or anything for the last 5 years i have had to deal with all the stress, so i went through a company and paid them to sort it for me. they were very good!
It´d be great to know!

Enjoy your trip(s)!

Thank you. whats your status?

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Loz27 wrote:Thank you. whats your status?
Thanks for the feedback!

Our status: My wife was naturalised as a Belgian, ever since no problems anymore.

Before: We officially went through HELL! We lived in Ireland (not Schengen), so every time we wanted to visit my parents or friends in Belgium/Germany/mainlandEurope we had to apply for visas. Biggest problem was that, although we asked, we were never issued with a multiple Schengen, we had to apply again and again and again and again.......... which was really nerve-wrecking.

That´s what triggered my interest in your story: How did you manage to get the multiple?

Well, thanks again for your feedback and all the best!
Rgds, Christian