ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I have to explain the reason why make my son depend on me

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kancan
Newly Registered

Do I have to explain the reason why make my son depend on me

Post by kancan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi folks, as the subject says, my son is currently depending on my wife as her Tier 1 General Dependent and for some reason I am planning to apply for new Entry Clearance rather than in country extension for him to be T1G Dependent on ME so that we can apply ILR together when my T1G will have qualified 5 years sooner than my wife's. This new Entry Clearance will of course substitute his existing T1G Dependent visa with his mother.

My question is

1) Do I have to explain or will the caseworker be in doubt about why I'm asking my son to be depending on me instead of going on being my wife's dependent?

2) Will it increase chances of refusal to the kid's Entry Clearance application if the caseworker is aware of the intension to having the kid as my joint applicant for ILR?

Both of my wife and son's visa will be valid until July 2012 and my Tier 1 will be valid until 5/2013. Many thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:22 pm

1. No.
2. No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

winsome

Re: Do I have to explain the reason why make my son depend o

Post by winsome » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:45 am

I had the similar situation. They asked for a letter signed by my wife that she is willing to transfer my son from hers to be my dependant. My son was eventually given the visa as my dependant.