ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are bank statements re-issued (duplicate) acceptable?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

user_name

Are bank statements re-issued (duplicate) acceptable?

Post by user_name » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi,

I used to get my HSBC bank statements in my flat through post every month.
I lost bank statements for two months due to relocation.
I requested the bank to re-issue the bank statements for the two months to my new flat address.
I got the bank statements as usual on a company headed paper.
But the only difference I noticed is that it is written as "Duplicate" in between the Account Name and the Period of Statement.

Will this be cause for the Home Office to say that my bank statements are not original?

Please help.

Thank you.

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:27 pm

since it is on companuy letterhead it should be fine . dont forget to mention this on your cover letter ..also , if possible, get it stamped from HSBC

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:12 pm

HSBC duplicate bank statements are perfect and acceptable.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:22 pm

rizwan567 wrote:HSBC duplicate bank statements are perfect and acceptable.
what about in case of entry clearance. Out of country entry clearance officers also accept that? Because I have submitted statements which also say 'duplicate' for my wife's dependent visa and I am very worried now :(

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Yes, they do accept

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:02 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Yes, they do accept
Thanks. I am very scared since this is 2nd application and last time it was rejected because of marriage subsisting issue and they kept original bank statements and that is the reason this time I had to get another copy of bank statement and they do say 'duplicate'.

Please pray for me.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:29 am

If they are exactly the same as the original statements sent by post (other than the word "duplicate") they will be fine. I have submitted statements with the word "duplicate" for my HSMP extensions (in this case for my limited company).

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:46 am

goldfish wrote:If they are exactly the same as the original statements sent by post (other than the word "duplicate") they will be fine. I have submitted statements with the word "duplicate" for my HSMP extensions (in this case for my limited company).
Hi goldfish,

thanks for information. I am sure HO in UK will accept that because they know about this things but i am just worried about Entry clearance officer outside UK because they may not know about this and may think this is not original since 'duplicate' is written. Moreover as I mentioned this is 2nd application. if they match with first application they will see in that bank statement it was not written duplicate. But this time it does, So it may even make them more confused. Anyway please Keep me in your prayer.. cheers..

user_name

Post by user_name » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:56 am

Hi nionlight,

May I know what are the proofs you have submitted to resolve 'marriage subsisting issue'?

Many Thanks.
nionlight wrote:
Thanks. I am very scared since this is 2nd application and last time it was rejected because of marriage subsisting issue and they kept original bank statements and that is the reason this time I had to get another copy of bank statement and they do say 'duplicate'.

Please pray for me.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 am

user_name wrote:Hi nionlight,

May I know what are the proofs you have submitted to resolve 'marriage subsisting issue'?

Many Thanks.
nionlight wrote:

Please pray for me.
Hi user_ name,

I have submitted Marriage certificate, Nikahnama, 10+ photographs ( marriage and couple photo from tour), Phone card bill, facebook message script. Also entry exit stamp and part of boarding pass to prove I was back home during the marriage. lets see how it goes. Keep me in your prayer.

user_name

Post by user_name » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:53 am

Thank you very much!

Best wishes for your visa application.

However please let me know the result.

Thanks again.
nionlight wrote:
user_name wrote:Hi nionlight,

Many Thanks.
nionlight wrote:

Please pray for me.
Hi user_ name,

I have submitted Marriage certificate, Nikahnama, 10+ photographs ( marriage and couple photo from tour), Phone card bill, facebook message script. Also entry exit stamp and part of boarding pass to prove I was back home during the marriage. lets see how it goes. Keep me in your prayer.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:32 am

nionlight wrote:
goldfish wrote:If they are exactly the same as the original statements sent by post (other than the word "duplicate") they will be fine. I have submitted statements with the word "duplicate" for my HSMP extensions (in this case for my limited company).
Hi goldfish,

thanks for information. I am sure HO in UK will accept that because they know about this things but i am just worried about Entry clearance officer outside UK because they may not know about this and may think this is not original since 'duplicate' is written. Moreover as I mentioned this is 2nd application. if they match with first application they will see in that bank statement it was not written duplicate. But this time it does, So it may even make them more confused. Anyway please Keep me in your prayer.. cheers..
By "original" they mean a document made by the bank, e.g. a bank statement generated by the bank and posted to you. A "copy" is a version of the document that was not made by the bank, e.g. a photocopy, and they won't accept it because it could have been tampered with during the copying process. (In the same way, a print-out from online banking printed by the applicant was made by the applicant, not the bank so could have been modified.)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:34 pm

When banks mark statements as "duplicate", they do so to state that this is an identical copy of a document (statement) already issued.

A document issued by the organisation responsible to issue it is always "original". In such case, "duplicate" does not mean "not original".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

user_name

Post by user_name » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Thank you very much sushdmehta!
sushdmehta wrote:When banks mark statements as "duplicate", they do so to state that this is an identical copy of a document (statement) already issued.

A document issued by the organisation responsible to issue it is always "original". In such case, "duplicate" does not mean "not original".

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:34 pm

sushdmehta wrote:When banks mark statements as "duplicate", they do so to state that this is an identical copy of a document (statement) already issued.

Thanks sushdmehta. I am sure it wont be a problem for home office inside the UK. But I am just worried about Entry clearance officers outside Uk. Not sure, if they are aware of this and when they see something written as 'duplicate' if they think it is not original. Specially in my case, in my wife's 1st application, we send original statement which they didn't return and thus I had to order duplicate statements. Now if they try to match with previous documents from their record and see 'duplicate' and make a fuss about it. Because from the current pattern of refusal it is obvious, their main goal is to refuse a dependent visa by any means necessary!

pulak_dalela
Newly Registered

What is the status

Post by pulak_dalela » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi,

Can you confirm if your application got approved. UKBA rejected my wife visa for "Duplicate Statement" thing in the statement.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: What is the status

Post by nionlight » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:58 pm

pulak_dalela wrote:Hi,

Can you confirm if your application got approved. UKBA rejected my wife visa for "Duplicate Statement" thing in the statement.
Yes her application was approved.

Which bank did you use? some banks do not provide required information for duplicate statement. I use HSBC and their duplicate statement is exactly same as original one apart from 'Duplicate' written on top.