ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to PSW from Tier 4 & had Tier2 before.any prob

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Luke Persian
Newly Registered

Switching to PSW from Tier 4 & had Tier2 before.any prob

Post by Luke Persian » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Hello Everyone,

I was holding a student visa for my studies (from 2006), and my PhD finished (the actual experimental work) on Dec 2009. I applied for Tier2 visa in the same institute to do a postdoc for one year. Tier 2 expired last Feb and I couldn't extend or switch it to Tier 1 General,so the only choice was to switch back to student visa as I was still eligible and had time to finish the writing up and an extra 6 months to apply the corrections to the thesis. My current student visa is valid up to October 2011. I hope to get my degree in few weeks time, and then I'd like to apply for the PSW. Would there by any problem for PSW eligiblity , I mean switching from student to work and then back to student visa? The website doesn't clearly state this (I think!), and indicates the last visa you are switching from should be student..

Thanks and I'd appreciate any help or comment.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:58 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Luke Persian
Newly Registered

Post by Luke Persian » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:52 am

I assume it's only the last visa I'm holding which is important, am I right?