ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on ILR/Maternity/Redundancy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cofe9
Newly Registered

Query on ILR/Maternity/Redundancy

Post by cofe9 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:39 am

I am in Tier one and due for my ILR in May 2012. I am currently in maternity leave and had planned to take it for one year (9 months smp and 3 months no pay). My one year leave finishes in Feb 2012. But now I am hearing there are plans for redundancy in our company later in the year, since they will be removing the whole unit, I will also be removed even if I am on maternity.

Will this affect my ILR as we have to now show 12 months payslips in the last 15 months and if I am no longer on SMP, can I still claim the one year maternity break on the basis of my childs birth certificate, they ask for 2 documents to prove maternity leave, in this case I dont know what else I can provide - maybe the letter of redundancy from the company.

Also do we need to be still employed at the time of applying for ILR, as after Feb 2012 I will not be on maternity leave also, so would I have to find another job by then if I am made redundant before that?

Please advise.

cofe9
Newly Registered

Post by cofe9 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:14 am

Any advice please

slugmeister
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by slugmeister » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:55 pm

I know that for Tier 1 renewals if you are on maternity leave then you can claim for the 12 before that. I don't know if that applies to ILR but maybe one of the senior members can advise.

If there isn't a provision for this in the guide notes for ILR then your best bet may be renewing your Tier 1, then claiming for ILR a year after that.

I'm sure one of the senior members can advise you a bit better.