ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under 5 years tier 1 route with no skilled job

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prashpatel1
Newly Registered

ILR under 5 years tier 1 route with no skilled job

Post by prashpatel1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi

Everyone,

I am currently working and living in london as tier 1 visa holder along with my wife.

In couple of months time, I will be eligible for ILR under working (tier 1 route) by completing 5 years in UK.

I got a query:-

I have got Tier 1 based on an "Master degree in IT " but still i have not found any skilled job from last 4+ years in my field of Information Technology.however i am working as a supervisor at one of the supermarket.
I do earn around £25000 per year to satisfy the criteria of earning threshold. I do have enough points to qualify for ILR under new rules (for tier 1).
Do you think not having "SKILLED JOB" will result in refusal for my ILR application????? I am economically active from last 4+ years, since i got Tier 1 visa.

I am plaaning to apply in person using premium (same day) service for ILR at croydon.

please guide and give some suggestion.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: ILR under 5 years tier 1 route with no skilled job

Post by khalidmirza » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:27 pm

prashpatel1 wrote:Hi

Everyone,

I am currently working and living in london as tier 1 visa holder along with my wife.

In couple of months time, I will be eligible for ILR under working (tier 1 route) by completing 5 years in UK.

I got a query:-

I have got Tier 1 based on an "Master degree in IT " but still i have not found any skilled job from last 4+ years in my field of Information Technology.however i am working as a supervisor at one of the supermarket.
I do earn around £25000 per year to satisfy the criteria of earning threshold. I do have enough points to qualify for ILR under new rules (for tier 1).
Do you think not having "SKILLED JOB" will result in refusal for my ILR application????? I am economically active from last 4+ years, since i got Tier 1 visa.

I am plaaning to apply in person using premium (same day) service for ILR at croydon.

please guide and give some suggestion.
Incomplete information. Apparently you are pre Nov 2006 and come under JR. So no problem. It is not your job designation which matters. It is what you are earning.so no worries at all

prashpatel1
Newly Registered

Post by prashpatel1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:50 pm

sorry

I have made a mistake on the top in my above posting.

I will be applying in December 2011 and pls note i m not covered by HSMP JR

prashpatel1
Newly Registered

Post by prashpatel1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:03 pm

Please can someone throw some information.

prashpatel1
Newly Registered

Post by prashpatel1 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:18 am

Please share ur experiences in my post. Anyone in the forum has got ILR by qualifying through tier 1 or HSMP and have not worked in skilled level job, still got the ILR? Pls help

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:27 am

prashpatel1 wrote:Please share ur experiences in my post. Anyone in the forum has got ILR by qualifying through tier 1 or HSMP and have not worked in skilled level job, still got the ILR? Pls help
Hi, I didn't apply for ILR yet. But as far as I am concerned and heard from other people ( forum and real life) it really doesn't matter what job you do as long as you earn required amount. There is no criteria of having "skilled" job and in my opinion there is absolutely no way to determine which job is "skilled" and which jobs are not. Every single job requires certain levels of skill on that field.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:42 pm

nionlight wrote:
prashpatel1 wrote:Please share ur experiences in my post. Anyone in the forum has got ILR by qualifying through tier 1 or HSMP and have not worked in skilled level job, still got the ILR? Pls help
Hi, I didn't apply for ILR yet. But as far as I am concerned and heard from other people ( forum and real life) it really doesn't matter what job you do as long as you earn required amount. There is no criteria of having "skilled" job and in my opinion there is absolutely no way to determine which job is "skilled" and which jobs are not. Every single job requires certain levels of skill on that field.
I agree 100 %