ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Solihull - Tier 1 extension - further verification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T90

PEO Solihull - Tier 1 extension - further verification

Post by T90 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Went for tier 1 extension under 'employed' category (limited company- taking salary/dividend). Case worker wanted proof of PAYE registration by my company and further proof that I am paying NI for my salary[he wanted proof specifically from HMRC].
I didnt take any of those hence I was advised

1)to make a postal application with the relevant details from HMRC. He told he wont deduct any money for PEO application since I am not getting same day service from UKBA.

2) or go ahead with PEO application; he will send my application to different department who will verify the details w.r.t HRMC and will decide my application.

PAYE registration details/proof is not mentioned in guidance for employed category, but the case worker wanted more info. I went ahead with the second option(as I could give biometric details there itself). Now even though I paid more visa fee for my application, it might take same time as postal application...!

tier1_applicant

Re: PEO Solihull - Tier 1 extension - further verification

Post by tier1_applicant » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:53 pm

T90 wrote:Went for tier 1 extension under 'employed' category (limited company- taking salary/dividend). Case worker wanted proof of PAYE registration by my company and further proof that I am paying NI for my salary[he wanted proof specifically from HMRC].
I didnt take any of those hence I was advised

1)to make a postal application with the relevant details from HMRC. He told he wont deduct any money for PEO application since I am not getting same day service from UKBA.

2) or go ahead with PEO application; he will send my application to different department who will verify the details w.r.t HRMC and will decide my application.

PAYE registration details/proof is not mentioned in guidance for employed category, but the case worker wanted more info. I went ahead with the second option(as I could give biometric details there itself). Now even though I paid more visa fee for my application, it might take same time as postal application...!
did you attach accountant letter?

T90

Post by T90 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:59 pm

yes, the accountant letter confirming salary/dividend was there...I took even P60 as supplement document... but case worker basically wanted some proof from HMRC itself!

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:33 pm

T90 wrote:yes, the accountant letter confirming salary/dividend was there...I took even P60 as supplement document... but case worker basically wanted some proof from HMRC itself!
By the way you should have PAYE registration documents if you are paying NI/registered and any NI payment receipts from business account etc.
You should have sent them later if case worker gave you the option.
But if they want to verify themselves, that will take time and no option other than to wait.

T90

Post by T90 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:09 pm

dont mind waiting (as long as they get positive response from HRMC)... It would have taken couple of weeks for me to get the HRMC related docs from my accountant and apply via postal (and nowadays getting biometric appointment is not so easy)... also the caseworker told me the application will now follow similar path as postal application!

T90

approved

Post by T90 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:41 pm

got the approval letter today...

docs submitted:-
passport
payslips
dividend voucher
letter from accountant
personal bank statements
--additional docs (these docs were given when case worker wanted more information on payment of PAYE to HRMC)
company registration letter
vat registration
business bank statements
P60

i didnt get back the accountant letter from UKBA, do they normally keep docs with them?

thanks all...

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:05 pm

HO nowdays asking directly reference from HMRC in case of self employed -

self employed applicants need to sort out all their tax records before going to HO for extn or ILR or PP
CDOKS

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:41 am

T-90
UKBA has discretion to retain documents. However it is not normal thing rather very occasional one

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:46 am

jami wrote:T-90
UKBA has discretion to retain documents. However it is not normal thing rather very occasional one
It's not discretion and it's not out of the ordinary for them to keep documents.

UKBA will keep any letter addressed to them or made out specifically for the purposes of obtaining a visa, and in addition, any document where there is suspected deception used (e.g. false payslips).

Any document not obtained for the specific purpose of the visa application (e.g. degree certificate, payslips, passport, bank statements, tax returns) will be returned to the applicant.

siddkhan
Newly Registered

Post by siddkhan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:03 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:HO nowdays asking directly reference from HMRC in case of self employed -

self employed applicants need to sort out all their tax records before going to HO for extn or ILR or PP

would u please elaborate what u mean by that? i have extention next month and i am self employed but for 2010 i can pay the tax till feb2012 right?
so wht exactly do u mean by sorting out all their tax records?
plz do reply back

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:42 am

Tax document : the tax that is filed on 6th april every year.. it can be a SA320 from HMRC stating the tax that is filed for the year end 6th of april..

Jbeez9

recently self employed

Post by Jbeez9 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:31 am

I recently filed for self employment, as I have been unemployed due to personal reasons the year prior.
I plan on submitting the last 3 months of earnings which will cover my income requirement.
Since my earnings occurred after april'11 I will not need to file any taxes in jan.
I am still waiting for my HMRC self employed welcome package to submit.
What would happen if i send my application prior to receiving the welcome package. Is this something I can submit later?

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks,

Jeremy

chundurb
Newly Registered

Re: recently self employed

Post by chundurb » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Jeremy,

I am new to this blog but have a similar query. I recently submitted my application at PEO and they have now considered my applicaiton to postal as they could not take a decision to my Tier-1 (General) extension.

I work my own limited company (started after 06 Apr 11) and applied extension under self-employed status. I heard a strange voice when the caseseeker said that one cannot apply with the earnings from business; but he want to discuss with his boss to take a decision.

* I have choosed to keep the earnings within business and presented all relevant documents along with accountant letter showing the net profit for this short period, P&L and Balance sheet.

When you talk about the welcome kit for self-employed from HMRC, does that mean the Company UTR registration? In that case, I have submitted that form. If this is something else, can someone please let me know what info/doc needs to get from HMRC?

I appreciate your time to clarify my query.

Cheers...

Jbeez9

docs

Post by Jbeez9 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:01 pm

yes.. the welcome letter from hmrc with the UTR..

I am still waiting for this letter. Am I able to submit my application with out it if it doesn't arrive on time.

chundurb
Newly Registered

Re: docs

Post by chundurb » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:35 pm

I suggest to apply after you got the UTR from HMRC. I have indeed provided every piece of information with proof documents and the caseworker might have not dealt with any such self-employed applications and put my case a stay for a decision to make later speaking with his boss.

I feel, the more documents & information (invoices, contracts with clients, remittance advices, CRN, VAT registration copies, payslips) that is provided to UKBA, the more clarity, visible to deal with the self-employed applications.

All the best.