ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish naturalization within 6 months

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Trebb
Newly Registered

Irish naturalization within 6 months

Post by Trebb » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Hi folks,

Great news everybody...i lodge my irish naturalisation application last second week of january 2011. A great surprise last week on 17th june (friday) i got a letter with yellow form for my oath taking. T'was a great surprise folks. I dunno if anybody out there having the same case like myself. Wwwhhheeeww! i cant explain how did it happened, we know their getting to slow in processing this kinda mess application..but a great spark for myself....moreover as far as i know on their website (INIS) they change alot of things such as application forms and speed up processing time of 6 months. Hear some thoughts from you out there guys. God bless...... :D

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Congratulations. Brilliant news.

Hopefully INIS are becoming more competent at their job.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Angel592
Member of Standing

Re: Irish naturalization within 6 months

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:06 pm

Trebb wrote:Hi folks,

Great news everybody...i lodge my irish naturalisation application last second week of january 2011. A great surprise last week on 17th june (friday) i got a letter with yellow form for my oath taking. T'was a great surprise folks. I dunno if anybody out there having the same case like myself. Wwwhhheeeww! i cant explain how did it happened, we know their getting to slow in processing this kinda mess application..but a great spark for myself....moreover as far as i know on their website (INIS) they change alot of things such as application forms and speed up processing time of 6 months. Hear some thoughts from you out there guys. God bless...... :D
Congratulations, that's actually amazing news! Hopefully good news for the rest of us :) Enjoy your Irishness :)

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:28 pm

Wow, Congratulations, you've just set a new world record! :D On what basis did you apply, 5 years residency, spouse of Irish citizen etc?
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:17 pm

I can't believe this. Am I dreaming of reading this post........

Congrats mate :-)

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:16 am

Finally, INIS are putting down the cups of teas and doing their jobs. :P Never thought I'd see the day :lol:

More of this, please, Minister Shatter ;)

Trebb
Newly Registered

Post by Trebb » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:36 am

Hi!

I applied 5 years residency for my Irish naturalization. I don't have social service financial assistance. My financial banking statement is negative by the time I applied. And don't have any criminal records, my tax status is updated as employee. I think its a blessing I should say for granting my Irish naturalization in 6 months time. I find my oath taking as I spoke to a secretary of court justice on the last week of this month and after that I will update you throughout till I receive my Irish passport. Take care! God bless Republic of Ireland!

9jeirean wrote:

Wow, Congratulations, you've just set a new world record! :D On what basis did you apply, 5 years residency, spouse of Irish citizen etc?

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:07 am

Trebb wrote:Hi!

I applied 5 years residency for my Irish naturalization. I don't have social service financial assistance. My financial banking statement is negative by the time I applied. And don't have any criminal records, my tax status is updated as employee. I think its a blessing I should say for granting my Irish naturalization in 6 months time. I find my oath taking as I spoke to a secretary of court justice on the last week of this month and after that I will update you throughout till I receive my Irish passport. Take care! God bless Republic of Ireland!

9jeirean wrote:

YOU'RE ONLY HAVING A LAUGH,ARE YOU?DON'T BELIEVE THIS JOKER.

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:15 am

congratulations mate
Its never too late

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:30 am

Great news....but it does make me wonder what will happen to the rest of us sops in the queue- does this mean they're not processing applications in order of receipt?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 am

Wisco wrote:Great news....but it does make me wonder what will happen to the rest of us sops in the queue- does this mean they're not processing applications in order of receipt?

I think they are now using a more fast tracked processing pathway/workflow for recent applicants while they are also working on clearing the backlogs. Hence we may be seeing more recent applications coming through. However there is an impressive number of the old applications coming through in recent days too. Check here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 590#505590

According to INIS there are about 22,000 applications in the backlog and if they have to meet the target of 6 months turn around they need to separate recent applications from old applicants otherwise the system will be clogged again in no time. It is very possible and almost apparent ow that we may see more recent applicants coming through while at the same time they are clearing the backlog of applications that are stuck within the old system. Baring any roll back from the current pace of progress I think most if not all of he "back-loggers" would be cleared by he end of the year. The only concern I have and this has always been the age long criticism of the DoJ/INIS is that appropriate communication should be put on their website for the different cohort of applicants while the changes are are taking place. Old applicants need to be reassured hat their applications are been dealt with and data to this effect put up on the website otherwise some of them might be tempted to reapply given a guaranteed 6 months turn around on the new system and what do we have? The new system become clogged up again. Hopefully not but this needs to be managed.

In any cases, Given the progress in recent weeks, I we have more reasons to be optimistic about Irish immigration system yet
Last edited by 9jeirean on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 am

Wisco wrote:Great news....but it does make me wonder what will happen to the rest of us sops in the queue- does this mean they're not processing applications in order of receipt?
They are processing in reverse chronological order ;-)

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:19 am

Ha, well Aceform if that's the case, I'll be happy out- sent mine in Nov or Dec 2010 8)
I certainly agree that updates on processing would be appreciated. However, I'm happy that INIS has finally made some changes, so I won't grumble too loudly.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:21 am

All I can say is wow! wow! and wow! again and CONGRATULATIONS!
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:28 am

I just called up to check on my application. Stupidly, the 68 number I have saved on my phone is from my first application (which was rejected), and the woman on the phone couldn't find my new application details using my name.

She asked me what my query was anyway and I said I was just wondering what the status of the application was. She asked when did I apply and I said January this year. "Oh that won't be looked at for at least another year", she said.

Trebb is incredibly lucky.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:55 am

Ben wrote:I just called up to check on my application. Stupidly, the 68 number I have saved on my phone is from my first application (which was rejected), and the woman on the phone couldn't find my new application details using my name.

She asked me what my query was anyway and I said I was just wondering what the status of the application was. She asked when did I apply and I said January this year. "Oh that won't be looked at for at least another year", she said.

I'll take that with a pinch of salt Ben. If you do have the time to spare, I'll say check back in a few months time.

sensitivesoul
Newly Registered

Great :D

Post by sensitivesoul » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:35 am

Hey Trebb,

That's great to hear you have your Irish citizenship! Congratulations and hope your enjoying being an Irish citizen :). I'm hoping to join you eventually in the ranks haha. Have to say it was a real relief seeing your post. Have read to many things about slow processing times!

So just wanted to say thanks for raising my spirits :).

kanu
Newly Registered

Post by kanu » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:42 am

Ben wrote:I just called up to check on my application. Stupidly, the 68 number I have saved on my phone is from my first application (which was rejected), and the woman on the phone couldn't find my new application details using my name.

Ben why you first application was rejected?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:19 am

kanu wrote:

Ben why you first application was rejected?
It was an application based on Irish associations (my son is Irish). At the time, I had been resident in Ireland for four and a half years. Despite provision in the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, the Minister decided not to waive the five year reckonable residence condition.

So I applied again six months later.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.