ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Help Needed Please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geezer
Newly Registered

ILR Help Needed Please

Post by geezer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Dear Esteemed Forum Members,

I got a student visa in Sept 2001 and came to the UK, and was on student visa without a break till Jan 2007 I was during this period out visiting usa for 2 weeks.

But before my student visa ran out in Sept 06 I got a work permit till Sept 2009. In April 2009 I got my Tier 1 General till April 2012.

I was on my old passport till Dec 2010, when I got a new passport, but my Tier 1 General is on the old passport. And I don't have a biometric ID yet!

I am planning to apply for ILR this Aug and have a few questions:

1. Should I get a biometric ID before I apply?

2. Is it OK for the Tier 1 visa to be on the old passport (which I have with my new one) or should it be transferred to the new passport?

3. When is the earliest I can apply? 1 month before 10 years?

4. I need to do the KOL test, do I need the ESOL test as well, I did my masters and PhD in the UK?

Thank you all for your very helpful replies :-)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:14 pm

1. No.
2. Yes. No.
3. No earlier than 28 days before the 10th anniversary of your entry in the UK as a student.
4. Either LITUK or ESOL course in English with citizenship (33B - 33F).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geezer
Newly Registered

Post by geezer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Thank you so much for the reply :-)