ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR --- Some issues that need clarification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

ILR --- Some issues that need clarification

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:34 am

I do apologize as I know there have been many other threads on this one but I feel like I need to open up another one just for this.

As we know the new rules came in april 2011 which marked an end to Tier1 and many people were in dilemma about their extensions as the rulings have changed quite a lot.

Now, I have been speaking to a friend who is very knowledgeable about immigration matters and he has brought into my attention that for those who are due their ILR will have to meet the requirements in place as it were when they had their first grant of leave..... fair enough totally understood.

Now, I have read it on this forum a number of time and it even says in the ILR application form that AGE WILL BE USED AS WHAT WAS IN FIRST GRANT OF LEAVE.

but he says, he has been speaking to the HomeOffice about it and that everyone will have to meet the age requirements again. So, originally, when I applied for HSMP, i scored 20 points, again for extension, I scored 20 which is for under 27 years of age. Now, come my ILR, I will be 28 and as per the guildelines, I understood, I should be getting 20 points as per my initial application but he says according to the criteria I will have to score points for age and I am getting 10 in this case which is 10 less than what i scored originally.

I have already fired an email to public enquiries on this one but need input from members here.

again, i do apologize if I have opened up another thread on the same topic

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Tier 1 settlement guide wrote:Age
If the applicant was first granted leave in the categories of Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed lawyer or Tier 1 (General) Migrant and has not been granted leave in any category other than those listed here since the first grant of leave, points will be awarded based on the applicant’s age at the date of the application for that first grant of leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bmowen
Newly Registered

Post by bmowen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:45 pm

When I applied in April points were awarded for my age when I for applied for Tier 1 (G). Don't worry about your current age it is not what they are looking for.

vijay13
Newly Registered

Salary for ILR

Post by vijay13 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi guys,

could you please clarify if we need to be earning higher salary than the previous extension or we need to be in the same band or have the same points???

Please someone reply
Cheers

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:21 pm

that has cleared up many issues. I did tell it to my colleague but he has been misguided by the HO Staff who know f*** all about the rules and policies. relief.