ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do travel days count towards absence?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seagullb
Newly Registered

Do travel days count towards absence?

Post by seagullb » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm in the process of preparing my absence spreadsheet (see example below). Is this format Ok? Do travel days (Day Left UK and Day Returned to the UK) count towards absents?

For instance, in the following scenario, should I indicate that I was out for 7, 8 or 9 days?

Day Left UK Day Returned Destination Reason for Total #
to the UK Absence of days
------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------
01/04/2011 09/04/2011 Paris, France Business 7 (?)
Trip 8 (?)
9 (?)

Many thanks for your help!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:08 pm

See also FAQs on ILR.
Q - How to count absences from UK?
A - Absences are counted in "whole days". Day(s) of departure and arrival are not to be included when calculating (total) days of absence. Bank / public holidays and weekends are to be included in absences if one was absent from UK on such days.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

zebra3

ilr

Post by zebra3 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:31 pm

the day you go and the day you back are considered as you been in the uk so therfore dont count them. good luck

zebra3

Re: Do travel days count towards absence?

Post by zebra3 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:33 pm

seagullb wrote:I'm in the process of preparing my absence spreadsheet (see example below). Is this format Ok? Do travel days (Day Left UK and Day Returned to the UK) count towards absents?

For instance, in the following scenario, should I indicate that I was out for 7, 8 or 9 days?

Day Left UK Day Returned Destination Reason for Total #
to the UK Absence of days
------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------
01/04/2011 09/04/2011 Paris, France Business 7 (?)
Trip 8 (?)
9 (?)

Many thanks for your help!

so you been out 7 days on this trip. good luck

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ilr

Post by adeelmpk » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:13 pm

zebra3 wrote:the day you go and the day you back are considered as you been in the uk so therfore dont count them. good luck
So actually I can travel out of UK and come back next day, and ZERO day will be counted as absent ??? I travel for business quite frequently on short trips such as 1 or 2 days so just need clarification.