ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA ON BASIS OF 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doc.amby4

SPOUSE VISA ON BASIS OF 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT

Post by doc.amby4 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:01 pm

dear friends,

i was suggested this forum by my brother in law who got his wife's visa sorted out in 4 months. My case however is very different and quite complicated right now.

I am a doctor working in a private hospital in Pakistan. My husband is currently working in Leeds, and also making his way to finishing his Ph.D. he is a brit by nationality.

We got married on Oct 30th after an 8 months engagement. He and his family came over to pakistan and stayed for a month. when we got married, i was finishing my house job and he was not working but completing his Ph.D. now almost 7.5 months have passed but we have still not been able to apply for a spouse visa because my husband started his job only 2 months ago and we do not have enough pay slips to support our case.

I have applied for uk foundation program for doctors commencing in 2012 and they have given the deadline of 7th oct to show proof of ur work permit or my application shall not be processed and i wont be able to work as a doctor in the uk for the next 2 years which would be a huge blow to me given my professional history. it leaves us with only one choice that is to somehow get the visa before 7th october which means that we shall need to apply on the basis of 3months bank statement and pay slips.

I have a lot of questions which i hope have not been answered before on this forum.

1. given our circumstances, is 3 months bank statement going to be enough to support our case because i hope we have all the odds right except for this one point. my husband now has a fulltime job mashALLAH. our in laws house is in london but my husband has rented his own apartment in leeds which is a 2 bed room property. im not sure what amount in in ur bank account shall be considered handsome but we dont have a lot of savings

2. Should we mention in our application the deadline for submission of work permit? because if on one hand my being doctor is a plus that i wont be getting any public funds to support myself, can it also be a negative for us??

3. I have booked a place for plab2 exam( the license exam for doctors wishing to practise in the uk) for 27th september. the fee of the exam is 430£. is that going to be a plus for us because if i dont get my visa, they money shall be refunded by the gmc

4. is there anyone on this forum who applied on the basis of 3 months pay slip, anyone at all who can guide me and be a shoulder as my husband and i are really stressed out right now

5. is hiring a lawyer for the paper work any better?? is that going to make our case any stronger??

plz help me out as this whole process is killing me. its been 7months and i havent seen my husband and God knows how long its gonna take more.

Thank you

God bless you

Visa321

Post by Visa321 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:14 pm

I'm inshallah going to apply for my wife visa soon (once she passes the english test) with 3 months wage slips. 3 months is sufficient. I've also been told that even 1 may be enough as long you can get a letter from you employer stating that it is a permenant job etc

batleykhan

Re: SPOUSE VISA ON BASIS OF 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:47 pm

doc.amby4 wrote:dear friends,

i was suggested this forum by my brother in law who got his wife's visa sorted out in 4 months. My case however is very different and quite complicated right now.

I am a doctor working in a private hospital in Pakistan. My husband is currently working in Leeds, and also making his way to finishing his Ph.D. he is a brit by nationality.

We got married on Oct 30th after an 8 months engagement. He and his family came over to pakistan and stayed for a month. when we got married, i was finishing my house job and he was not working but completing his Ph.D. now almost 7.5 months have passed but we have still not been able to apply for a spouse visa because my husband started his job only 2 months ago and we do not have enough pay slips to support our case.

I have applied for uk foundation program for doctors commencing in 2012 and they have given the deadline of 7th oct to show proof of ur work permit or my application shall not be processed and i wont be able to work as a doctor in the uk for the next 2 years which would be a huge blow to me given my professional history. it leaves us with only one choice that is to somehow get the visa before 7th october which means that we shall need to apply on the basis of 3months bank statement and pay slips.

I have a lot of questions which i hope have not been answered before on this forum.

1. given our circumstances, is 3 months bank statement going to be enough to support our case because i hope we have all the odds right except for this one point. my husband now has a fulltime job mashALLAH. our in laws house is in london but my husband has rented his own apartment in leeds which is a 2 bed room property. im not sure what amount in in ur bank account shall be considered handsome but we dont have a lot of savings

3 months bank statements should suffice, as long he has an employment letter confirming the job is permanent.

The more you have in bank, the better. something in the region of 0f £3-5000 would be enough

2. Should we mention in our application the deadline for submission of work permit? because if on one hand my being doctor is a plus that i wont be getting any public funds to support myself, can it also be a negative for us??

There is no harm in mentioning it if you want

3. I have booked a place for plab2 exam( the license exam for doctors wishing to practise in the uk) for 27th september. the fee of the exam is 430£. is that going to be a plus for us because if i dont get my visa, they money shall be refunded by the gmc

No its not a plus because the ECO does not make a decision on what you might do or what you might have available in the future.

4. is there anyone on this forum who applied on the basis of 3 months pay slip, anyone at all who can guide me and be a shoulder as my husband and i are really stressed out right now

Please see my respond to Q1

5. is hiring a lawyer for the paper work any better?? is that going to make our case any stronger??

No it wont make it stronger if your solicitor makes an application on your behalf. However if you are not familiar with what and how to put an application together, then it is best you seek legal advice.

plz help me out as this whole process is killing me. its been 7months and i haven't seen my husband and God knows how long its gonna take more.

Please read the longest post halfway down on this link of mine. It will help to answer your question and explains how to put a successful application together

Thank you

God bless you

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:14 am

Thank you so much for all the information. you have been most helpful. i just hope we could sort it out now as its already been too overbearing for both of us. thanks again for the help and the encouragement:)

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 am

Dear Batley khan,

i see you're from Yorkshire. My husband is in Leeds and we would like to know if you could suggest a good immigration lawyer in the vicinity?? I hope its not too much to ask for:$

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Is that english test a requirement for everyone who applies for spouse visa or for those only who have nor yet graduated???

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Its for all coming to the UK from Pakistan. Here is the link of providers that it must be done by

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

Visa321

Post by Visa321 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:03 pm

batleykhan wrote:Its for all coming to the UK from Pakistan. Here is the link of providers that it must be done by

Sorry if Im being stupid, but I cant seem to see the pakistan test centres on the list. Can you just please confirm if the college in Jhelum is ukba approved to offer the test from 17th July onwards?
Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:07 am

Visa321 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:Its for all coming to the UK from Pakistan. Here is the link of providers that it must be done by

Sorry if Im being stupid, but I cant seem to see the pakistan test centres on the list. Can you just please confirm if the college in Jhelum is ukba approved to offer the test from 17th July onwards?
Thanks
http://www.ielts.org/test_centre_search ... sults.aspx

Click this link. Scroll down to Pakistan and then choose nearest city, which in your case is Islamabad. There is nothing in Jhelum

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:13 am

I read on the following site that i am exempted if i have an academic qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree
in the UK which was taught in English. is that true??

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... equirement

IELTS is a must for applying for PLAB exam but if you show a certificate from the dean of your institution that the medium of instruction in your medical college was english, you are exempted from taking ielts. I sent that letter to the GMC (general medical council uk) before sitting PLAB1 ( dec 2010) and it was accepted and they sent me an email that alternate evidence of english language has been approved. Could i show that letter or do i still have to sit the language exam??

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 am

This is what ive been able to find to my advantage.....it seems reliable.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settle ... equirement

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:21 am

If you are sure your academic qualification meets the requirement, then there is no need for you to take the exam

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:38 am

Who would be the right person to confirm this requirement?? someone from the british council?? i mean is there anyone i could call and ask about the details??

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:43 am

HI,

My husband got his visa last May, took 2 months wait. I supplied three months of my online bank statements, and statement for my savings which was only dated back one month!!! This was my fault, since I printed off my statements in egypt just before we applied and I had not reliased I hadn't gone back far enough three months for the savings! Anyway, some how it didnt make a difference and all was good.

Good luck!

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:45 am

PS. If you have a good idea of what you need to submit with your visa application, then don't instruct a lawyer. I work in immigration in private practice and it will only benefit you, if you really do not know what supporting documents etc to send.

The Border Uk website is quite helpful :)

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:52 am

LOL!!. an immigration lawyer telling me not to hire an immigration lawyer....does make sense. im a doctor and i can tell when you need to go to a doctor and when the infection is going to geal by itself. that was really encouraging, thanks a lot:)

p.s: my husband is the laziest guy on this planet. i dont think he could do it unless someone hangs a sword on his head and thats the reason we need a lawyer. but then again, if its a waste of money, better move a little than waste sterlings!!

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:25 pm

ha ha...if its straight forward enough i'd say do it yourself, obviously some cases are far more complex and do need the help of a good lawyer!!

Hope you hear good news soon :D

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:39 pm

I desperately hope the same:)

thanks a lot for the wishes!!

God bless you!!

Visa321

Post by Visa321 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:12 pm

What about this place in Pakistan? My wife is planning on doing the test here. Does anyone know anything about it?....

http://www.slspk.com/

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:09 pm

May be you should go the list of centres that batley khan posted on this page a while back!! if the name is in there, it should be ok. i however doubt it but then again,im not the best person to give u an advice

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:10 pm

http://www.ielts.org/test_centre_search ... sults.aspx

this is the link i was talking about

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:12 pm

can anyone please tell if an mbbs degree holder(taught solely in english) has to take the english test or get an NARIC COMPARABILITY CERTIFICATE or would the degree suffice??every website says a different thing. i got 3 weeks left and i need to apply urgently and i don't even know this:(:(

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:23 pm

so finally, i am done with everything and will be applying tomorrow at gerry's lahore. its been a tough journey with all these new rules and tests and requirements. thanks to all the moderators on the forum who have helped me and my husband making a strong application especially to batley khan who's been more than a moderator and helped me through my journey like an elder brother. i don't think this could have ever been possible without him.we owe him bigtime:)

im still asking for prayers cuz in the end that's all you need. May God unite all families and all those who look the best when they're with each other. please pray for me as i shall be updating my application status and thanks once again to everyone who helped or wanted to help.

God bless!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:15 am

Good luck. Hope you suceed. :wink:

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:50 pm

done and dusted. what an experience it was. hats off to batley khan's suggestions, my documents didn't need even a little change in the arrangement. they were perfectly set and the woman at the counter was quite surprised. a few things i'd like to point out about the application centre lahore.

the centre had no car park. i was shocked to see that cuz if u park ur car on the roadside, its only imperative its gonna get lifted by the police. i had to park it in ganga raam hospital parking which is always crowded and finding a parking spot is a mission. then walking all the way to the centre with a huge set of papers in this heat, it was awful.

most of the staff is helpful and professional but there were a few members who were behaving quite odd. i took the premium lounge service cuz i was told its the easiest way to go about it but even then it took me 4 hours. the lady who was submitting the documents was always talking to the other staff members and this delayed the whole procedure.

also, they told me my picture was unacceptable cuz it was printed on a glossy paper and i had to go to the photographer within the centre and get a new picture which delayed things even more. that's what they did to almost everyone in the lounge. for some reason they didn't like any of our pictures(i thought mine was pretty cool:p )

anyhow, it feels good now that im done and dusted. i met a few girls in the centre who told me that their cousins got the settlement visa within two weeks earlier this year. im praying to God for such a miracle:)....need lots and lots of prayers!!and besta luck to everyone.