ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on HSMP (Shock)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizwan567
Diamond Member

ILR on HSMP (Shock)

Post by rizwan567 » Thu May 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Please go through this link (Announcement page on workinginthe U.K web site):

Changes to Immigration Rules for Indefinite Leave to Remain Applications

One of the para says:
For applications for settlement submitted on or after 3 April, the applicant will need to have completed the new, 5-year qualifying period. If the applicant has not completed the required qualifying period, the application would normally be refused.
As for as I can understand from above para is: All those HSMP in U.k, who had Initial EC of 1 year and extension of 3 years will have to re-apply for extension of 1 year to make full 5 years. So it means, 1 extra extension is needed after completion of 4 yeras on HSMP?

Please pass your suggestions on it... If my interpretation is right.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu May 18, 2006 9:04 pm

This subject has been discussed very extensively on this Board. The answer to your question is yes, someone on HSMP who has already had 1 year and 3 years will need to apply for a further 1 year, in order to get to 5 years and an ILR.

Having said that I am going to lock this topic, so as not to fragment the discussion over different topics.
John