ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel - Before getting BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ariesfire
Newly Registered

Travel - Before getting BRP

Post by ariesfire » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi,

Assuming that the Tier 1 (G) dependent visa is approved and the applicant has received their approval letter and passport (applied inside UK). Can this person travel out from the UK before receiving the BRP? I understand that for this person to come back into the UK, BRP is required along with the passport but will there a issue when this person is leaving the country, since they wont their BRP with them?

All inputs towards this query are greatly appreciated.

lokesh

Re: Travel - Before getting BRP

Post by lokesh » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:48 pm

ariesfire wrote:Hi,

Assuming that the Tier 1 (G) dependent visa is approved and the applicant has received their approval letter and passport (applied inside UK). Can this person travel out from the UK before receiving the BRP? I understand that for this person to come back into the UK, BRP is required along with the passport but will there a issue when this person is leaving the country, since they wont their BRP with them?

All inputs towards this query are greatly appreciated.
Hi aries,

usually both BRP and approval letter will be sent at same time, i receieved both on same time......regarding your query it is highly recommended not to arrange any travel plans before recieving your biometric card as per UKBA......what if they made a mistake in your biometric card(say name was printed wrongly and the concerned person is outside the country)....it is basically for your benefit to avoid travelling untill you recieve all your documents.