ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Earning power Gross/Net salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dnataraj

HSMP Earning power Gross/Net salary

Post by dnataraj » Fri May 19, 2006 2:53 am

Hi,

Please anser for my following queries:
1.Will they consider Gross income or Net income for points calculation?
2.Pound value will be fluctuating day by day so how they will consider points.

In my case, I am working in India and above 28 years of age so I will get 25 points only if my earnign power is 7500Pounds as per the inforamation given.

last week pound value was less then now so my gross salary was bit more then 7500 Pounds. but today its more so my gross salary will be less than 7500 Pounds. So they will consider exactly?

Please answer for my queries.

Earning power - Your points score will depend on the points allocated for a particular salary level in a particular geographical area of the World

Country Code D Including China, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Sudan, Ukraine, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Bangladesh

28 years of age or over
£7,500 per annum = 25 Points
£18,750 per annum = 35 Points
£46,875 per annum = 50 Points

Best Wishes,
Nataraj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Salary - Gross or Net ??

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 19, 2006 3:26 pm

Hi,

This is what the caseworkers' guidance notes say about your queries:-

-------
1. The assessment should be made on the applicant’s gross income for the period.

2. The first step is to work out how much the applicant has earned over the 12 month period (from the evidence provided). If it is in a foreign currency the final calculated figure must be converted into British Pounds (£) to establish the amount of points to be awarded.

Useful currency conversion websites to use are:
http://www.oanda.com
http://www.geres.ge/currency/currcalc.html?lang=en
http://www.xe.com

When making the conversion the exchange rate of the date of the last payslip should be used. The conversion can be accurate to whatever date you require as the conversion websites allow you to select the exact date for the conversion.
------

Hope this helps !!

regards

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Fri May 19, 2006 11:17 pm

Also, if you provide evidence that the rate has fluctuated significantly, you can request they convert each pay slip separately using the conversion rate on the date of each slip.
________
NEW JERSEY MEDICAL MARIJUANA
Last edited by WoodieG on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RTZIMG
Newly Registered

Re: Salary - Gross or Net ??

Post by RTZIMG » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:24 pm

I have a contract with the customer (My Ex employer) and I recived the amount in cash on monthly basis and only proof I have for that is got it on the letter head of the company what I was paid will that count for HSMP points.

Also I was in Chicago (USA) for about 3 months on B1 Visa where I got the paid perdiem expenses from my company and since it was a consultanting I did not got it on my monthly salary pay slip. However I have a document which states that the money was added to my travel card acount by my company. Will this money earned in US (converted to India currency) count for HSMP points as well