ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fisrt tier refused, application to upper tribunal help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

summerroses101
Newly Registered

Fisrt tier refused, application to upper tribunal help

Post by summerroses101 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 pm

I have had an appeal refused by immigration judge relating to my husband. I have five year refugee status, and was initally refused as I was not settled under 281(1). the judge refused my application saying that my relationship was young and had only had direct contact three times. I have been with my husband for 1 1/2years to date. We have email and telephone contact everyday. Last year I wnet to his country 3 times altogether. I have now appealed to the Upper tribunal stating that the Home Office has made changes tunder SET 18.1 in this ECO guidance from the 06/04/2011 which they now allow a person with limited leave to be considered if they meed all the requirements of 281. I mentioned this to the judge on the day of my appeal but he did not pursue this as he stated that my origional application had been made before this date and change. What do you think my chances will be when appealing this case to Upper tribunal...please help very distressed.

$uperman

Post by $uperman » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Its better to get advise from a qualified adviser.. once you are granted asylum , your partner may join you in the uk but to prove that , you both should have been living together and legally married
$uperman