ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for IDR in person or by post? Advice please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

STLewis

Apply for IDR in person or by post? Advice please

Post by STLewis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:16 pm

My husband is due to apply for his IDR at the end of the year. We have had a look at the form he needs to complete, along with documentation. Initially we were going to send this by special delivery at the appropriate time, but I am now starting to wonder whether we should attend in person. Does it make any difference (except for the increased fee for personal appointment)? Many thanks

rajesh_kumar01

Re: Apply for IDR in person or by post? Advice please

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:20 am

STLewis wrote:My husband is due to apply for his IDR at the end of the year. We have had a look at the form he needs to complete, along with documentation. Initially we were going to send this by special delivery at the appropriate time, but I am now starting to wonder whether we should attend in person. Does it make any difference (except for the increased fee for personal appointment)? Many thanks
if you have all documents then you can apply in person. you will get your passport on the same day instead of waiting for it for few weeks if apply by post.

good luck

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 am

HI, Thanks for your reply :)

Think we may be tempted to go in person, I seem to be reading a few horror stories where applications have been rejected because the fee was unable to be taken etc etc.

Just slightly sickening to have pay an extra £300 to do it. Oh well!

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:19 am

depends how much money you have. its taking over 8weeks now for postal applications so it may be best to spend that £300 if you can afford to. I applied by postal almost 6weeks ago and still waiting

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:18 pm

thanks tunde10.

The more I think about it, the more I think its probably money well spent , especially when you remember back to the stress waiting for the settlement visa the first time! I think we'll be doing that. Thanks for your input guys, hope you hear good news soon tunde10 :P