ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 to Tier1 depts switch - Tier1 Main App in India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajmycontact

Tier2 to Tier1 depts switch - Tier1 Main App in India

Post by rajmycontact » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi Guys,

I need advice in Tier1 Dependent Application filing for myself and my kid.

Myself: I hold a Tier2 Visa since 2009 which has recently been extended as well. I am working in UK alone since 2009. My family has visited me or i have visited them to india.

My Wife: Holds Tier1 Visa valid from Feb 2011 and she is still working in india even after getting Tier1. She has visited uk once on her tier1 visa in May 2011 for interview.

My Son: Holds Tier2 dependent visa and this means he is my dependent till now

Now due to circumstances, I want to switch from Tier2 to Tier1 dependent

This means I need to file 2 dependent application as Tier1 dependents on my wife Tier1 Visa: 1 for myself and 1 for my son.

Please guide me with documentation as my case seems to be quite different then everyone else where tier1 main applicant is in UK

I plan to include following documents with Tier1 dependents application for myself and my son.

Here is the list of docs we plan to submit:

1) Application form VAF10 duly filled and signed - For myself and my son
2) Sponsor letter from my wife (Tier1 main applicant ..but is it needed as my wife is working and residing in india)
3) Cover letter from wife
4) Maintenance fund evidence from my wife bank account-3 months Bank statements only + Bank letter on letter head stating that money has not fallen below 2400 + 1600 + 1600 = 6000 GBP or 5Lakh Rs in last 3 months.
5) Evidence of relationship-
Marriage certificate - Original
Birth Certificate of my Son - Original
Wedding photos-2, Recent Bday photograph my son + few family photograph.
Copy of passport page showing spouse name in both our passports.
6) Copy of main applicant passport showing personal details and UK Visa entry Stamp and details (and also will include all previous UK visa's for their reference.)
7) My 2 passports(old and new)
Q Do I need to submit my Tier2 resident permit also which i recently got as my UK tier2 Visa was extended a month ago in May? Is it required to be submitted??

8- My son passport (old and new)

Once me and my son get dependent visa then we all plan to travel together to UK immediately. Please note i am currently in india to file this application. As dependent application can be filed only from where my wife tier1 was granted.

Please guide me if i am missing anything.

Regards
Raj