ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adding surname

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gg234

Adding surname

Post by gg234 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:33 pm

My wife is having only first name in her passport with ILR i want to add my surname as her's.If we do that we need to take new passport from my county embassy.I am having following question

When is the correct time to add my surname in to her passport before applying citizanship or before applying british passport.

Is there any complications if we change before applying citizanship .

Thanks for your help

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:30 pm

she can change when she applies for naturalisation. its pretty straightforward. In the 'name' section she needs to put in her new name and supply marriage certificate to support her case

gg234

Post by gg234 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:23 am

f2k wrote:she can change when she applies for naturalisation. its pretty straightforward. In the 'name' section she needs to put in her new name and supply marriage certificate to support her case
Thanks for your help i have few more questions about AN form

1.5 - we will her new surname

1.6 - her first name

1.7 - here we have to add only first name is it correct because in her passport is having the same or just leave blank

1.8 - Just enter her first name only or just leave blank

gg234

Post by gg234 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:32 am

gg234 wrote:
f2k wrote:she can change when she applies for naturalisation. its pretty straightforward. In the 'name' section she needs to put in her new name and supply marriage certificate to support her case
Thanks for your help i have few more questions about AN form

1.5 - we will add her new surname

1.6 - her first name

1.7 - here we have to add only first name is it correct because in her passport is having the same or just leave blank

1.8 - Just enter her first name only or just leave blank