ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Application( residency)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jokanda
Newly Registered

Spousal Application( residency)

Post by jokanda » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:06 pm

hi everybody, im using my friend account as i dont have one...
can yous help me, am a bit confuse ... i came to ireland 8 years ago i have two irish children , i work for in the same company since 2005 with a "spousal dependant permit", the question is:
is there any chance that i can get residency? as i dont want to be on work permit forever! my husband have a residency card (stamp 4) since 2007 , but i read that i could get one... but still need a work permit if a apply in behalf of my husband... i really hope to have an answer.
thank you very much to everyone, best of luck!!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:00 pm

if you have completed 5 years (60 months) on your spousal work permit and stamp 1, you can apply for long term residency in your own right and receive stamp 4 for 5 years. if you were on stamp 3, then you would get stamp 3 for 5 years that would not allow you to work.
LTR are processing applications received in May 2011 at the moment.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:02 pm

also, if you have completed 8 years (96 months) on stamp 3 and stamp 1 (can be a mixture of them), you can apply for WCATT stamp, it would be valid till the expiry of your passport and allow you to work. current processing times are around 8 weeks.

9jeirean

Re: Spousal Application( residency)

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:42 pm

jokanda wrote:hi everybody, im using my friend account as i dont have one...
can yous help me, am a bit confuse ... i came to ireland 8 years ago i have two irish children , i work for in the same company since 2005 with a "spousal dependant permit", the question is:
is there any chance that i can get residency? as i dont want to be on work permit forever! my husband have a residency card (stamp 4) since 2007 , but i read that i could get one... but still need a work permit if a apply in behalf of my husband... i really hope to have an answer.
thank you very much to everyone, best of luck!!
Also having Irish children may entitle you to stamp 4 residency based on the Zambrano ruling. I know of people in similar situation as you who got their residency via the Zambrano option. Check this thread here => http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 56986364e7
Not sure exactly what the current situation is with Zambrano as it appears things are fizzling out these days. You can raise a query on the thread and see if you can get response from people who have done this recently.

Have you considered applying for Irish citizenship? It appears things are moving faster these days. if you are obliged, this may be a long term solution to the immigration journey for you.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

realhope

Post by realhope » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:31 pm

agniukas wrote:if you have completed 5 years (60 months) on your spousal work permit and stamp 1, you can apply for long term residency in your own right and receive stamp 4 for 5 years. if you were on stamp 3, then you would get stamp 3 for 5 years that would not allow you to work.
LTR are processing applications received in May 2011 at the moment.
hi agnukas
do you know any one who received answers on their LTR this year and how long it takes to get it processed.
thanks
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:33 pm

yes, peeple are getting LTR. at the moment they are processing applications received in may 2011. it should be around 6 months or less for the new applications. the older ones are a bit slower. I have seen someone getting LTR in 3 months time. but it all depends on the garda reports, how quick they are coming back.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:52 pm

go with your husband and child to your local immigration office .bring your passport and his pasport,kids irish passport,dob,original any bills,if your kid is in school letter from school or child benefit documents.,bank statement .you will get 3 years stamp 4 .good luck dont delay

realhope

Post by realhope » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 am

agniukas wrote:yes, peeple are getting LTR. at the moment they are processing applications received in may 2011. it should be around 6 months or less for the new applications. the older ones are a bit slower. I have seen someone getting LTR in 3 months time. but it all depends on the garda reports, how quick they are coming back.
thanks agniukas
its been since Dec 2010. can it take that long? is there any way to spped it up? can these report take shorter time to come back
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

ks18217
Newly Registered

Stamp 5

Post by ks18217 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:48 am

After 8 years legally resident in Ireland you are entitled to Stamp 5 it will cost you just the 150 Garda registration and you no longer need work permit.
My wife ( 6 years residency) has stamp 3 and she is waiting for her LTR since 09-2010 I asked; the garda told me with stamp 5 she will no longer depend on me

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:59 pm

unfortunately, there is no way to speed up the process.
as i said, if you have 96 months you can apply for wcatt stamp (stamp 5).