ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes in Work Permit and LTR processes

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

i_worker
Newly Registered

Changes in Work Permit and LTR processes

Post by i_worker » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:09 am

In the past one can start to work for a new employer right after receiving approval letter from Work Permits (I am talking about in-country application only) and later receive LTR stamp (usually it took about 2-3 weeks). Work Permits has recently separated Work Permit approval and LTR application.
When can a person start to work for a new employer now?
How long will it take to get LTR stamp? I didn't found any timescales on the workingintheuk.gov.uk site

i_worker
Newly Registered

Post by i_worker » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:01 pm

Ok, after a bit of research, I found the following:
1. It seems a person needs to get both Work Permit and LTR before start working for a new employer.
you should not start or continue to work unless you have an approved IED and limited Leave to Remain approval
2. There is a same-day service for such applications, where you need to go in-person to one of HO centres (Croydon, Birmingham, Glasgow and Liverpool).

HTH