ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

90 days continuity rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1_to_ilr
Newly Registered

90 days continuity rule

Post by tier1_to_ilr » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi,
I came in UK in sept 2006 on work permit and converted to tier 1 in nov 2008 (valid till nov 2011). But I have to go back to my home country in 2009 to look after my mother who has suffered major stroke in 2008. Her one hand doesn't work and legs are weak. She needs one person with her all the time. She was even with us here for 6 months in 2009 and we might have declared her illness in her tourist visa application. Me and my brother looks after her but I have to look after 50% of time. She can't be here in winters because of medical reasons. I came back to UK in jan 2011 (13.5 months break) from different employer. My wife stayed back in my home country to look after my mother.

Do I have any grounds for waiver in 90 days rule (180 days total) for ILR on compassionate grounds. My situation is genuine. I have got many documents to prove about my mother's illness.

Just trying to balance between my career and personal duties.

If I can get ILR in aug-sept this year, I am planning to go back to my home country for a year or two till things settle on personal front.

also

There was a link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

This link is no more active. It said that if continuity is the only
issue for you for ILR, if you apply again after a year (means after 6
years instead of 5), then most probably it will be successful. But
this link is no more active.

And in new link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

there is no such statement :-(

Can someone tell their experiences

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:16 am

No chance to get ilr. Soory

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 am

your best bet it to talk to a good solicitor. However personally i think over a year's break is highly unlikely to be given a descretion.