ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karwan1

Two questions

Post by karwan1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Hey guys,

Hope you well...I have received a phone call from british embassy regarding my wife spouse's visa application, they told me she should go to british embassy with her passport, when I asked if that mean the visa was approved, the lady on the phone said no that does not mean approved, but she need to go to the embassy with her passport, my question is why would they ask for her passport if it was not approved? could somebody else (for example me) take her passport instead as she lives in a neighbouring country (iraq) and it would be easier for me to go to amman? you reply will be highly appreciated. thanks.

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:42 am

i thought ithat all passprts have to be submitted at all embassies when you make any visa application - just standard practice with your application!

Good Luck!

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:57 pm

No mate....that is not the case always, we have applied abroad, so passport was give back to us so my wife can go home, we did not want to stay in Jordan as we knew it will take long time...in our case more than 7 months.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:07 pm

It is likely they have approved the visa but no guarantees. Probably best if you contact embassy and ask if you can go instead of your wife.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:39 am

thanks guys for your replies, I will contact the embassy and see whether it is possible for me to go instead.