ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Didnt go through with Marriage Visa - ok to visit UK on hol?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drew82
Newly Registered

Didnt go through with Marriage Visa - ok to visit UK on hol?

Post by drew82 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:46 am

Hi

As my title says (sorry, couldnt find a shorter way of doing it). My girlfriend and I were approved a Marriage visa in Sept'10.

After coming to the UK and spending time with each other we realised we was not ready for marriage (I know, I know!). So she went back to NZ before the visa expired.

I'm now in NZ on a working hol visa and we are going back to the UK for 4 weeks.

Do you think there will there be any implications with immigration etc, even tho she has a return ticket to NZ?

Thanks in advance.

Drew

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:10 am

Having previously demonstrated an intention to come to the UK and settle, I think your gf's intentions in visiting the UK may come under scrutiny when she arrives.

I think it would be wise for her to carry with her evidence of ties that she has to NZ, to demonstrate that she will return (does she have a current tenancy agreement, family, studies, a job to return to?).

Are you intending to go back to NZ with your gf after this holiday?

drew82
Newly Registered

Post by drew82 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:14 am

Hi Kitty, Thanks for the reply.

That makes sense. She has a family and tied to a job here so that should be ok.

Sorry I forgot to mention that. Yep I will be going back to NZ at the same time after our holiday.

She should have enough funds (£800) in her account, even tho I have more than enough.

Thanks again

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 am

Probably wise for you both to carry evidence of your situation in your hand luggage: it might be handy if your employer(s) could confirm in writing that you have both taken holiday and are expected back on [date].