ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General extention In country with Dependent(Passport)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sahil20174

Tier 1 General extention In country with Dependent(Passport)

Post by sahil20174 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:33 am

Hello Experts

Iam stuck with a query I need your Valuable advice Please.
Iam applying for my Tier1 General extention in July 2011 including my dependent(wife) all my documents are ready.

dependent (my wife) she left her old passport back home in india which was cancelled and been issued a new one on which she holds her visa on the cancelled passport she never travelled nor she had any visa in it

But while i was filling the dependent application form it is asking for the old passport

as the old cancelled passport is in india i tried to get it through courier but the courier companies are refusing to bring it to UK and also i requested someone comming over to Uk to bring it for me but even the person denied

If we dont submit the old passport with the application and mention in the covering letter that the old passport is in india will home office will take the application fee and refuse my and my dependent visa ?

All your Valuable replies will be highly appereciated

Thank you

Sahil

Last edited by sahil20174 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 am

The form also gives you the option to say you don't have it and why you don't have it. Just explain it.

sahil20174

Post by sahil20174 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:23 am

But my concern is if i mention the fact that the cancelled passport is left in india then will that affect the decision making on the application.

Because of the fact that we didn't ful fil the criteria.

please advice

thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General extention In country with Dependent(Passp

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:50 am

sahil20174 wrote:the cancelled passport she never travelled nor she had any visa in it

But while i was filling the dependent application form it is asking for the old passport
PBS dependant application form wrote:The dependant should also provide all previous passports and/or travel documents that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which show his/her current leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sahil20174

Post by sahil20174 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi

But my wife had not travelled on caneclled passport the cancellation was done in india before she had applied for Uk visa.

What should i be doing at this point.

Please advice