ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in Marriage Status

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pharmashri
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Change in Marriage Status

Post by pharmashri » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Dear Madam/Sir

I am an Indian Nation.

Before getting UK-Tier 1 Visa last year in September 10, I was on UK-HSMP dependent Visa from Feb 06.

In October 10, I got legally divorced from my wife in India but on my passport last page still as spouse my wife’s name is there. By the end of this year, I am planning to get into new venture (marriage). To take out ex-wife name from the passport I am having following questions:-

1. What should I do to take out ex-wife name from my passport?
2. Do I need to make a new passport and where to make this application within UK?
3. If I will make application for new passport, will this invalid my Tier 1 visa stamp or it will be re-stamped again by concern authority?
4. Do I need to inform this to Home Office?
5. After getting married, while applying visa for my would be wife what difficulties I can face to take here to UK?

Please kindly guide me. If you are not fully clarified with above queries please kindly let me know and I will try to write you down as quickly I will get emails.

Many Thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Change in Marriage Status

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:38 pm

pharmashri wrote:Dear Madam/Sir

I am an Indian Nation.

Before getting UK-Tier 1 Visa last year in September 10, I was on UK-HSMP dependent Visa from Feb 06.

In October 10, I got legally divorced from my wife in India but on my passport last page still as spouse my wife’s name is there. By the end of this year, I am planning to get into new venture (marriage). To take out ex-wife name from the passport I am having following questions:-

1. What should I do to take out ex-wife name from my passport?
2. Do I need to make a new passport and where to make this application within UK?

if you now have Tier1 visa then the previous visa should now be invalid. you can inform UKBA about your divorce.

3. If I will make application for new passport, will this invalid my Tier 1 visa stamp or it will be re-stamped again by concern authority?

not really, if your passport is due to expire, normally you can keep the old passport and new passport as well

4. Do I need to inform this to Home Office?
5. After getting married, while applying visa for my would be wife what difficulties I can face to take here to UK?

can't see as long as you and your wife can meet all the requirements

Please kindly guide me. If you are not fully clarified with above queries please kindly let me know and I will try to write you down as quickly I will get emails.

Many Thanks

pharmashri
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Thanks

Post by pharmashri » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 am

Hi Innocent
Many Thanks for your reply.

Regards