ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 Month Tourist Visa x2 - HELP NEEDED

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theboycj1
Newly Registered

6 Month Tourist Visa x2 - HELP NEEDED

Post by theboycj1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 pm

I have a friend who is a Serbian National who has been over to visit me over the last few months about 3 times who has had a 6 month general tourist visa but intend to be here a lot more this time.

The visa expires at the end of this month but they want to renew it to visit again and I was just seeing if they apply for another 6 month visa in the same way?

I heard that they may have to apply for an extension or that it may be hard to get?

Can anyone please clarify this as it would help out a lot.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:08 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 pm

theboycj1 wrote:I have a non-eu friend who will be coming to the UK for the 6 month period of their visa. They will not be working but I am interested to know that if they leave to go back to their home country for a weekend once a month, will it be hard for them to come back into the UK?
Visitors visa is a multiple entry visa, so there should not be a problem for your friend / girlfriend to enter UK on multiple occasions during the validity of the visa.

This said, an IO may seek to verify the intention of your friend / girlfriend given the fact that she would be exiting UK time and again only to return after a weekend / couple of days.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

theboycj1
Newly Registered

Post by theboycj1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:57 pm

how would it best be approaching this topic with an IO? Initially my GF will be coming over for a weekend but then will go back, and then later to stay for the longer period, should she put this on the form that she has to fill out at airports upon arrival to the UK???.

If she mentioned this to an IO I assume it would cause problems? She will not be working nor studying in this time also.

Any info provided would be helpful