ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting UK and traveling to Europe for Visit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Visiting UK and traveling to Europe for Visit

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:29 am

Hi,

My parents are coming to UK to see me and my family.

They are planning to visit Italy, France and Spain.

My question are;

1. Which country should we apply for visa(I mean embassey in Pakistan)

2. Do we need to give travel itinerary, hotel booking and Airline reservations for the complete trip OR just for the first country we touch.

3. Since the visa is for schengen states, I hope they can move around schengen states even with out any prior information at application stage. Pls advise.

4. Will this be a trousit/short stay or Transit visa we are looking at.

Thanks,
The question is... to be or not to be....

mharoon22
Newly Registered

Post by mharoon22 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:18 am

Apply to france embassy there processing time is quick .

you have to provide airline ticket and accomodation proof for all the countries they want to visit .

or you can just apply to france embassy and dont mention that they will go anywhere else when they get the visa its for all the countries they can move freely within schengen states .

try to get there uk visa first then send an application to france embassy for a tourist visa they will stamp it without question if they have a uk visa

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:23 am

mharoon22 wrote:Apply to france embassy there processing time is quick .

you have to provide airline ticket and accomodation proof for all the countries they want to visit .

or you can just apply to france embassy and dont mention that they will go anywhere else when they get the visa its for all the countries they can move freely within schengen states .

try to get there uk visa first then send an application to france embassy for a tourist visa they will stamp it without question if they have a uk visa
Thanks,

Since we already have UK visa, so applying to French embassy for Visa now.

Do you have any idea of the process time of French Visa? As I don't want to start a three month process now. As winter starts in September in UK.

Regards,
The question is... to be or not to be....

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:35 am

mharoon22 wrote:Apply to france embassy there processing time is quick .

[...]

or you can just apply to france embassy and dont mention that they will go anywhere else when they get the visa its for all the countries they can move freely within schengen states.
So, you are suggesting the OP to lie?

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:14 am

1. Which country should we apply for visa(I mean embassey in Pakistan)
If you have the UK tourist visa, then they will have to apply for the Schenge visa from Pakistan (if they have Pakistani passports). Apply in the embassy where you plan to stay the longest, so if you plan to stay in France for 10 days, Spain for 15 days and Italy for 20 days, then apply in the Italian Embassy. It can take anywhere between 3-8 weeks to get the visa
2. Do we need to give travel itinerary, hotel booking and Airline reservations for the complete trip OR just for the first country we touch.
Yes, you have to give complete travel+stay details of all countries for the entire trip. If you give details for just one country, then you might be issued a visa for that duration and not for the entire duration (example if you say 10 days in France, you get a 10 day visa and you cannot then visit the other countries
3. Since the visa is for schengen states, I hope they can move around schengen states even with out any prior information at application stage. Pls advise.
There was news that Denmark was carrying out checks at its border, but since you are not going to Denmark, I would not bother
4. Will this be a trousit/short stay or Transit visa we are looking at.
Tourist Visa is applicable here

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:45 am

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet: the applicants will need to apply to the country of longest stay or if that cannot be determined to the country of first entry. Sufficient funds and travel insurance must be held and evidence demonstrating that the applicants will leave the Schengen area and are willing to return home must be included. Also keep in mind that border police can check for all that once again and can deny entry if they think that the criteria are not met.