ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Q's

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP_2007

HSMP Q's

Post by HSMP_2007 » Mon May 22, 2006 9:44 pm

Hi All,

Just entering in to HSMP Visa process…so expecting all your help to make success

1. Earning Criteria: Last 5 months I am getting the 40k salary package but as per HSMP criteria 12 months period have to be covered to gain the earning points. In this case can I apply for HSMP?

2. There are many consultancy groups arranging the HSMP visa processs...Which is the good option individual or Consultancy group?

Thanks..

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue May 23, 2006 7:22 am

If you've earned ?40k in 5 months, that is enough to score the points, you don't need to show all 12 months proof.

I'd do the application yourself, its really quite easy as long as you read all the guidance (including the internal guide).
________
Vodun (voodoo) dicussion
Last edited by WoodieG on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

HSMP_2007

HSMP Q's

Post by HSMP_2007 » Tue May 23, 2006 10:49 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply ..is there any link or steps for processing the visa process ? and some more questions ...

1.I have all pervious employment reliving & experience certificates? Is there any separate HSMP format to get prepare the Experience certificate?

2. I am currently holding a UK work permit,
a) Can I apply the HSMP without cancelling the UK work permit?
b) If yes, after getting the HSMP what is the status on UK work permit?

Thanks,

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue May 23, 2006 12:56 pm

Is there any separate HSMP format to get prepare the Experience certificate?
You need to read the guidance notes carefully. There is no seperate HSMP format but they will require details of your responsibilities so as to ascertain that your job cannot be done by a non-graduate.

Also read the case worker's manuals. This link has a lot of details on the case worker's expectations in all categories.
Can I apply the HSMP without cancelling the UK work permit
Your HSMP application is not yet a visa. You are asking to be approved as a highly skilled immigrant. So your work permit is valid when you apply for HSMP as well as afterwards when you get either an approval or refusal.
If yes, after getting the HSMP what is the status on UK work permit?
Once you get an approval, you will be given time to switch from your workpermit to HSMP. At this point you will apply for FLR and send your passports to the Home Office and your passport will have a 2 year HSMP visa on it which will invalidate your previous UK visas.

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Q's

Post by olisun » Tue May 23, 2006 1:23 pm

HSMP_2007 wrote: 2. I am currently holding a UK work permit,
is it £40K gross for the full year or total money earned for the last 5 months is £40K?

HSMP_2007

HSMP Q's

Post by HSMP_2007 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:57 pm

40k is the total gross...last five i have earned around 20k with bonus.

Thanks,