ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problem in uploading FLR/M form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

phatema
Newly Registered

Problem in uploading FLR/M form

Post by phatema » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 am

Hello everyone ,

I have filled the FLR/M interactive form on my computer , but am unable to upload it to their website. When I choose "continue and Print" option at the finish page of the form , it takes around 5 minutes and then asks the option to apply by post or on person. When I click "on post" / "in person" , it says "We have not been able to upload and process your form" , with Error 4.2 saying that "Check the validation of your form".

I am not sure if anyone else is also facing the same problem . I am really frustrated now as i have been trying for a week . I came across this forum and found it really helpful .

can someone please guide about this? Also want to know if the PAPER form is still valid or not?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Problem in uploading FLR/M form

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:59 am

Just print out the paper form and send that in with your documents.

phatema
Newly Registered

Post by phatema » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Thanks very much . I think I will do that now .

phatema
Newly Registered

Post by phatema » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Also wondering that why is the paper form not on the website of UK border agency anymore?

I had to download it from google !

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:37 pm

phatema wrote:Also wondering that why is the paper form not on the website of UK border agency anymore?

I had to download it from google !
It's still there. When you're on the electronic form page it has a link to the paper one in case you prefer to fill it out w/ a pen.

scotsman418
Newly Registered

Post by scotsman418 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:22 pm

The problem with uploading is due to them NOT clarifying that the FLR (M) form MUST be saved before uploading, and therefore you must save & overwrite that PDF form on your hard drive before clicking on Continue & Print to begin uploading it from your computer to their system. Once done you will be presented the option to either pay for postal application or apply in person. Remember this when you need to have your printer connected because after paying it the next section will be to print off the filled application form also showing where signatures are required, and that will also detail any required forms that need to be accompanied with the application.

Their already completed FLR (M) PDF application file for you to print off is best to be saved to hard drive first just in case you need to reprint it because the name of it is very long because it refers to your application alone.

Note in regards to 1st paragragh: Even if you close that initial FLR (M) PDF file that you downloaded it will give you the option SAVE and so therefore you can return to it to review or revise your answers, but remember you will need to save it again if changes are made to it before continuing to upload it to their system.