ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Highly Questionable Decision - Preparing for Review Request.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Keshav

Highly Questionable Decision - Preparing for Review Request.

Post by Keshav » Tue May 23, 2006 8:24 am

I am shocked that my application is rejected. Though I have not received my documents back and my decision letter, followed by my several e-mail follow-ups, HSMP team notified that my application is unsuccessful.

Though this is painful to me, I can take it positively that there might be some documentation or explanations lacking or serious misunderstanding that lead my application to rejection. Otherwise, I feel my case is very straightforward to qualify. Based my case as outlined below – I feel that my application rejection is a highly questionable decision.

I humbly request Senior Members and Moderators to look into my case and how I had worked out documentation.

Education : Claimed points 25 (All originals of my School Leaving Certificate, I. Com., B. Com. And MBA certificates were attached). I am an MBA from Tribhuvan University, Nepal.

Work Experience : Claimed points 35 (All originals of following contract papers were attached)

1. From 1996 to 2003 all my graduate level jobs in Plan International, Nepal an International Non-Government Organization (INGO) that has head office in UK. Positions were General Service Coordinator, Senior Program Accountant & Finance Manager. Job descriptions of the positions were attached. An original appreciation letter that also details the work performed by me during that period. I got it on 2000 when I got promotion as Finance Manager was also attached.

2.From 2003 to till date all my work experience in Department for International Development (DFID which UK Govt. Ministry that looks after international development related issues) owned project Named Community Support Programme (CSP), Nepal. My position is Head of Finance and Administration. All original contract papers that has original "British Embassy Nepal – DFID" office seal were submitted.

3. Past earnings: claimed 35 points. Original letters from DFID-CSP Accountant in original letterhead with original office seal. This was detailed as gross salary, tax deduction and net salary of 12 months. Annual salary increment original letter received from DFID-Nepal with office seal in 2005 was submitted as a proof of my monthly salary. Nepal falls in income band E category.

4. Significant achievement – point claimed 15. I have written a Public Auditing Training Manual very first time in Nepal (in English language) and Public Auditing User's Handbook (in Nepali language). Both original books were submitted along with "Preface" section of Nepali Handbook's officially translated (Nepal Government Department of Law does this translation) copy. I also have facilitated Public Auditing Training based on my published training manual for most senior officials of other INGOs (all these offices have their head offices in overseas). An appreciation letter of that training from training organizer original copy was attached. I thought that this could be a significant achievement in my field.

5. Partner's achievement – points claimed 10: She is an MBA from Tribhuvan University, Nepal and working as Finance Manager in Plan International. All her School Leaving Certificate, I.Com., B.Com and MBA original certificates submitted along with her original contract papers of all the posts she worked (Accountant, Senior Accountant and Finance Manager) along with original office seals were submitted. A letter from her employer, detailing her career history in Plan International and jobs details she is performing was also attached.

At least my expectation about getting points minimum was 85, as follows:

Education 25 (Many Nepali MBAs are awarded points in HSMP- many are of my friends. I am product of UK recognized university)

Work experience 25 (even if HO did not considered my work is senior level – I have clearly 5 years of graduate level work experience)

Past earnings 25 (At the month I applied the exchange rate of 1 GBP was around Nrs.122, now it reached to approx Nrs.137. If HSMP team converted according to Nrs. devaluated rate, my points will go down).

Significant achievement 0 (HO may not consider my achievement is significant one).

Partner's achievement 10 (My wife also an MBA from Tribhuvan University and working as Finance Manager in an INGO).

One thing I suspect that all the letterheads of DFID and CSP were computer printed but the seals are all original. That is practice of our offices. Did points not awarded due to this? If so, they could have verified the facts because telephone, fax, e-mail, web sites all are printed on the letterhead. Other thing could be during some years, I and my wife both are working in Plan International as Finance Manager. HO may thought how it is possible? The fact is Plan Intl. has four regional fund management units all over Nepal and four Finance Managers work in each units.

I am very much confident to establish facts of my above claims giving justifications and official references (UK govt. officials like DFID in Nepal even of British Embassy and Plan International, Nepal).

Now, please help me suggesting:

Shall I prepare to compile the justifications for review? Any forms for that or I can simply write an application for review?

I have not received the decision letter yet but 28 days of decision letter is already crossed. This is not my fault, I just came to know today the HO decision upon my several request via e-mail. I still have right to request for review? :? :? :?
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 23, 2006 8:54 am

Do you know how many points you have been awarded for each category? Without knowing which are the problem areas it is difficult to make any specific suggestions.
John

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Tue May 23, 2006 12:11 pm

I have sent e-mail to HSMP team to fax/mail copy of my decision letter. I am not sure whether their rule permits them to do so or not. My documents not reached to me and they suggest me to wait upto 12 weeks (21 June 06).
My anxiety is when from the review application period of 28 days starts? If this is from date of decision letter, it is already crossed..... and my documents...
but tough people do....

hmburhan
Newly Registered

Re: Highly Questionable Decision - Preparing for Review Requ

Post by hmburhan » Tue May 23, 2006 9:42 pm

I have seen couple of problems in your case firstly you have not provided the Tax Return or have you? if yes then HO didn't give you the earning points .Secondly for partners achievements along with experience letter they also required 3 more evidences which they've mentioned in guidence.

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Wed May 24, 2006 3:58 am

I called yesterday to HO and got response that:

Education point awarded 0, :o

Work experience 0 :shock:

Income band 25 8)

Significant achievement 0 :wink:

Spouse's achievement 0 :shock:
but tough people do....

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Wed May 24, 2006 4:02 am

Hi hmb,

I got points in income band, that is ok. To prove spouse relationship, I had submitted marriage certificates, provident fund card and bank nominee original forms.
but tough people do....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 24, 2006 8:52 am

Hi,

I can understand the frustration you must be going through given the fact that your application has been rejected and you have not yet received your original documents & certificates.

The following feedback might help:-

1. Educational qualifications - Get your MBA and BCom degrees verified by NARIC (http://www.naric.org.uk). It will cost you about GBP 30-40 (which you can pay online) and in turn NARIC will issue you a letter of comparability and you will know for sure whether your education is considered equivalent to UK standards or not. And you don't need to include your school leaving certificates / professional qualification certificates. They don't any value to your application.

2. Work Experience - You have not mentioned if the employment contracts or letters that you included with your application included details about your roles and responsibilities in each position (designation) that you held with the respective organizations. Agreed that you worked with UK based organizations, but HSMP case workers wouldn't know what kind of work you actually did unless you include documents to confirm 1) specific roles and responsibilities of each position, and b) confirmation that each job was graduate level. Unless this information is available in the application, caseowrker will not award you any points. Letter of appreciation don't add value as far as scoring criteria is concerned.

3. Significant achievement - As per the guidelines, in order to score in this category you will need to produce three different pieces of evidence to demonstrate how your work has been acknowledged by your peers and how you have contributed significantly to the development of your field. So, in addition to the published paper / work, you MUST provide 3 pieces of evidence for the caseworker to award you points in this category. The guidelines mentions the kind of evidences accepted by the caseworkers.

4. Partner's achievements - In addition to the evidence you have provided regarding your spouse's qualification (MBA), you have to provide 3 other evidences to prove that you have been staying together at the same address for the last 2 years. Unless this is done, caseworkers cannot award you points in this category. You can score points on any of the 2 counts - spouse's qualifications or graduate level work experience; but providing evidence that you have stayed together in the last 2 years is compulsory.

IMHO, with the information that you have provided in your post regarding the documents you had included in the application, I am not sure if a review will be successful (unless of course, you did include all the supporting documents that I have explained above).

I would suggest that you go through the guidelines carefully and also have a close look at the internal caseworker guidelines available at:-
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... ance.html?

Hope this info. is helpful to you.

regards

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Wed May 24, 2006 9:21 am

Thanks sushdmehta. Experience part, I can justfy explaining my roles that I am doing as per job descriptions, that were attached with application. My problem is to check NARIC validity of my education. We do not have online CC payment here in Nepal. Any alternative ways?
but tough people do....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 24, 2006 9:41 am

You can pay through alternate means. Please check the website:
http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=17

regards

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Wed May 24, 2006 7:22 pm

I need more time to get my qualification checked through NARIC. I do not have my certificates with me now but I am interested to consult NARIC for future use.

For now, if I can convience my and my wife's work is graduate level and I am employed in senior position, I can get through.

From search, I got dreadful informations about reviews - HSMP people are really hard nuts.

In my case, does it makes difference if I explained my works in detail trying to convience case reviewer that my work has all the features to be a graduate level work, sticking on the job descriptions of our jobs that were submitted with application? Shall I provide UK official web site references to support my explanations?
but tough people do....