ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OVERSTAY (Spouse Visa Definite Refusal?)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweetmissy

OVERSTAY (Spouse Visa Definite Refusal?)

Post by sweetmissy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi All,

I have been reading a lot of horror stories on here about how people are treated because of a previous overstay... Application being put to back of the que/ discrimination because of overstay...

I know one individual on here was saying how returning to your home county and applying frfom there, it is sure to be refused... and my husband and i have done just this, we wanted to do it right... :shock: :shock:

People have been rejected due to overstay, yet on the home office wesite, it states if applying for a Spouse Visa, it should not be a problem.

If you overtstayed a tourist visa, but you left the UK on your own free will, never worked or claimed public funds is it a major problem??

No previous immigation offences either..

Your thoughts are most appreciated.....

Sorry if it sounds jumbled... :( :(

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:56 pm

How much did you overstay?

And when you say "my husband and I have just done this" what does that mean? Is one of you settled in the UK and the other is joining using a spouse visa or is this a tier 1/2 + dependant application or something else?

M.

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:01 pm

My husband was the one who overstayed... I am UK Citizen.. He overtstayed by 9 months...

When i say 'we have done just this' was he left the UK and applied for spouse visa in his home country Egypt.

Sorry for the confusion....

vinny

Re: OVERSTAY (Spouse Visa Definite Refusal?)

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 pm

sweetmissy wrote:If you overtstayed a tourist visa, but you left the UK on your own free will, never worked or claimed public funds is it a major problem??

No previous immigation offences either..

Your thoughts are most appreciated.....

Sorry if it sounds jumbled... :( :(
Should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.