ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plz explain this email from ukba ..slightly confused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

justdopposite

plz explain this email from ukba ..slightly confused

Post by justdopposite » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:22 am

Hi ..I applied thru post on 26 june ..and got a biometric appointment notification email today .. however i haven't received any acknowledgement letter or anything yet ..

just want to know ...is this the invitation letter for my biometrics appointment?

Biometric Appointment Notification

Applicant's Case Reference Number :- 123

Applicant's Name :- abc

You can now book a biometric appointment using the UK Border Agency
Online Booking Service at https://ukbabooking.homeoffice.gov.uk/.

The Case Reference Number shown above will need to be provided in order to register.

Please note that the UK Border Agency Online Booking Service is updated
overnight and therefore please do not try to book an appointment until
at least the following day of the receipt of this e mail.

There is a time period of up to 15 working days to enrol for a biometric
appointment, otherwise the application may be rejected as invalid.

If access to the internet is not available or there are any special
needs to consider please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123

The biometric notification letter should be received shortly. The letter
must be taken to the appointment as it needs to be shown on arrival.

Please do not respond to this email as this inbox is not checked and you
will not receive a reply.

Information about booking appointments can also be found on the UK
Border Agency website:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... -appointme
nt/

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: plz explain this email from ukba ..slightly confused

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:38 am

justdopposite wrote:is this the invitation letter for my biometrics appointment?
Yes!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Yes, this is the invitation for biometric enrolment. Unfortunately, the system is updated overnight.

I have received the email today. I had applied on 24th June (friday). It is quite reassuring that things are happening smoothly, atleast until now.

I am not able to book the appointment since the system will be updated tonight. Are you able to book it now?

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Thanks

@ nayak...Tried once and it said the ref no. Is invalid...however. they have clearly mentioned that u wil have to bring the biometric appointment letter (postal copy) along with u for the biometrics..

I haven't received the mail by post yet...how about u?

Can't we get it done from the post office as well? Since thats alot more easier..

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:14 pm

justdopposite wrote:Thanks

@ nayak...Tried once and it said the ref no. Is invalid...however. they have clearly mentioned that u wil have to bring the biometric appointment letter (postal copy) along with u for the biometrics..

I haven't received the mail by post yet...how about u?

Can't we get it done from the post office as well? Since thats alot more easier..
Since you received the email yesterday, you should be able to book today itself, since their scheduler runs at midnight.

I have received the email today and tried sometime back. It comes up with the same error.

You should book as soon as possible so that you can get the date sooner. I have not yet received the biometric letter. Will get it soon, it seems.

You cannot take the biometric at a post office, if you have got dependants. So I cannot do that. If you do not have dependants you can do that. It costs somewhere around 20 pounds.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks for ur reply. So can I do the biometrics at the post office with just a printed copy of the notification email I received? Or I still have to wait for the postal biometrics letter? And I have no dependants

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:44 pm

justdopposite wrote:Thanks for ur reply. So can I do the biometrics at the post office with just a printed copy of the notification email I received? Or I still have to wait for the postal biometrics letter? And I have no dependants
If you do not have dependants, you can go for biometrics at a designated post office. However you cannot do that unless you receive the letter for enrolment. So you have to wait a bit. Enrolling at a post office will speed up the things for you.

Have you tried booking appointment in UKBA site. It is still not allowing me, although I received the email yesterday. Their overnight scheduler should have run yesterday night. I don't know why it is not working till now. They are taking so much money for almost doing nothing for a straightforward case, but the service is very poor.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Hey mate..just call this no. To book an appointment ..0300 1238895 ..I js got my appointment on the 13th this month....they've even sent me a confirmation txt msg as well...n yh ur ryt abt the letter for post office biometrics

Call them asap for an earlier date

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:24 pm

justdopposite wrote:Hey mate..just call this no. To book an appointment ..0300 1238895 ..I js got my appointment on the 13th this month....they've even sent me a confirmation txt msg as well...n yh ur ryt abt the letter for post office biometrics

Call them asap for an earlier date
I just called up. The line was noisy. When I said that I could not hear, he told me to call later. Then I asked him to book for me. I got for 11th July at Croydon. I live in Croydon, so easier for me.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:58 am

Hi. I just cancelled my appointment at croydon n done my biometrics yesterday at the post office after receiving the postal letter...gues that wil speed up the process.

Good luck and regards.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:52 pm

justdopposite wrote:Hi. I just cancelled my appointment at croydon n done my biometrics yesterday at the post office after receiving the postal letter...gues that wil speed up the process.

Good luck and regards.
This is a good decision. I think they consider the application only after receiving the biometric confirmation. So in your case the process should be faster.

For me it is just a week away, so I am not too much worried. Moreover, since I live in Croydon, it is easier for me to get biometrics done at the same place. Thanks.