ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ash

Work Experience

Post by ash » Tue May 23, 2006 10:22 pm

I wonder if you can help...

I applied for HSMP and it was knocked back...apparently my work experience letters were not good enough. I have over 9 years expereince...could anyone advice on what needs to go in the letter to show it to be graduate level.

thanks

Ash

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed May 24, 2006 7:46 am

The letter should just detail what job you did, including all your roles and responsibilities on a daily basis.

They don't really want a standard reference saying what a good employee you are.
________
Ford Lio Ho Specifications
Last edited by WoodieG on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ash

Post by ash » Wed May 24, 2006 4:43 pm

Thanks woodie...

My concern is to explain that the duties and responsibilities are graduate level...i got my letter redone and had a consultant look into it...they came back saying these duties are not graduate level...

could anyone help please

Thanks

A

ash

Moderators please help

Post by ash » Wed May 24, 2006 9:47 pm

I am enclosing copy of one of my work exp letters....could you tell me whether they look ok for graduate level experience

thanks

Ash

Gain competence on company’s stack of products (application software’s) across verticals such as construction, hospitality, manufacturing and horizontals – Finance/Accounts and Payroll/Personnel.

Deal with SME’s for horizontal product range but also pitch for public sector work on turnkey basis (bespoke software development projects).

Maintaining and expanding existing relationships with BCC customers.

Prospect and qualify new customers, initiate and establish new relationships from the interest generation stage through to close.

Present and sell BCC product stack and services to current and potential customers through customer visits and direct customer interaction as well as through relationships formed with system integrators..

Understand customer’s requirements liaison with the technical team (Software Programmers) and present solutions based on the initial customer study.

Key member of the project team and involved in the project right from project definition stage to final project handover and signoff.

Liaison between key stakeholders i.e. customer, technical team and BCC senior management.

Prepare and deliver company briefs, product demonstrations, sales proposals and contracts.

Developing and execute sales plan for the assigned territory

Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows and PR events.

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Thu May 25, 2006 9:27 pm

ash,

each of the letters (and position descriptions) for the jobs I included specifically stated that a Masters degree was required for the position.

Hope that helps.