ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work experience question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kurtis
Newly Registered

work experience question

Post by kurtis » Tue May 23, 2006 11:11 pm

im hoping you guys can help on a work experience question.

i applied for hsmp under 28 and claimed 25 points for 2 years work experience. the thing is that it wasnt all with one employer. I worked for 6 months with one employer, then got a better job which i stayed in for 15 months, then got an even better job which is my current job. after 4 months with my current employer i applied for hsmp bringing my total employment at that time to 25 (6 + 15 + 4) months. Do you think this will be frowned on by the hsmp team? does it matter whether my employment was with one employer or not?

honestnisha
Newly Registered

Post by honestnisha » Tue May 23, 2006 11:53 pm

It does not matter whether your employment is with on or more employers, as long as you have sufficient earning from that and documented proof of your employment it should be all right.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 24, 2006 9:38 am

Hi,

The most important thing here is to prove that the employment was graduate level. Also, your evidences must include detailed information about roles and responsibilities at each post.

regards

ash

Work Exp

Post by ash » Wed May 24, 2006 4:26 pm

I understand that you need to mention duties and rsponsibilities but how do you convince the caseworker that it is graduate level.

I work in software solution sales - it is implied that the position is graduate level.

Do you think i can get the employers to mention specifically that this was a graduate level position or would that look odd?

Thanks

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Work Exp

Post by pantaiema » Wed May 24, 2006 5:58 pm

ASk your employer to mention it in the Job reference letter, also if you still have the newspaer where the job is advertised, the Website, print all of that as an eveidence.

Pantaiema
ash wrote:I understand that you need to mention duties and rsponsibilities but how do you convince the caseworker that it is graduate level.

I work in software solution sales - it is implied that the position is graduate level.

Do you think i can get the employers to mention specifically that this was a graduate level position or would that look odd?

Thanks

ash

Post by ash » Wed May 24, 2006 9:36 pm

Pantaiema,

Thanks for your reply...

Unfortunately i dont have job adverts..

I am enclosing a copy of one of my letters could you see if it is graduate level....

Gain competence on company’s stack of products (application software’s) across verticals such as construction, hospitality, manufacturing and horizontals – Finance/Accounts and Payroll/Personnel.

Deal with SME’s for horizontal product range but also pitch for public sector work on turnkey basis (bespoke software development projects).

Maintaining and expanding existing relationships with BCC customers.

Prospect and qualify new customers, initiate and establish new relationships from the interest generation stage through to close.

Present and sell BCC product stack and services to current and potential customers through customer visits and direct customer interaction as well as through relationships formed with system integrators..

Understand customer’s requirements liaison with the technical team (Software Programmers) and present solutions based on the initial customer study.

Key member of the project team and involved in the project right from project definition stage to final project handover and signoff.

Liaison between key stakeholders i.e. customer, technical team and BCC senior management.

Prepare and deliver company briefs, product demonstrations, sales proposals and contracts.

Developing and execute sales plan for the assigned territory

Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows and PR events.

Thanks

Ash

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri May 26, 2006 1:49 pm

Dear Ash

If you could ask your employer to mention it "this is a graduate level position" or the like which clearly mention that it need a gradute to do the job. As you know this is a grey area, whether the job require graduate or not is open to interpretation. And you do not want the caseworker to use this side to turn application down. So, in colclusion do not give them the chance, ask your employer to mention it clearly in your job reference, this will give you the opportunity to concentrate to other area where you might score any further.

Good luck, hope to hear the good news from you

Pantaiema

ash

Work Exp

Post by ash » Sun May 28, 2006 1:25 pm

Hi Panteima,

Thanks for your reply...

I am including ' this is a graduate level job and requires business and analytical skills' in the letter but would this not make it obvious that the letter is being prepared for HSMP.

Cheers

Ash

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Work Exp

Post by pantaiema » Sun May 28, 2006 5:10 pm

In your job reference, you do not need to metion that the job reference is prepared for HSMP.

Pantaiema

ash wrote:Hi Panteima,

Thanks for your reply...

I am including ' this is a graduate level job and requires business and analytical skills' in the letter but would this not make it obvious that the letter is being prepared for HSMP.

Cheers

Ash

sqizzer
Newly Registered

Post by sqizzer » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:17 pm

Instead of stating "this is a graduate level job" or having the word "graduate", is the statement "qualified" or directly quoted "Her educational qualifications and experience in the industry secured her position with our company...." sufficient? It's what my letters say (in different ways), due to the different use of language. Is that going to be bad for me?

ash

work exp

Post by ash » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:25 am

Guys

Any idea how long the work exp letter should be....i have seen a few samples that are 3-4 pages....mine are only 1-1.5 pages.

Also do you think using a solicitor helps....

Thanks

Ash

ash

work Exp

Post by ash » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:38 pm

Guys,

could I use this advert .....it does not state 'graduate' in it.

The aim of the role is to provide a strong technical element to infrastructure solutions.

The Role

• To provide the level of sales services required to represent xxx in a professional manner to both new and existing accounts.
• Ensuring that monthly sales targets are achieved and exceeded
• Ensuring that key performance indicators are achieved

The Person

• Experienced in IT solutions sales
• 5+ years experience in a network installation specification role
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to demonstrate product knowledge
• Good attention to detail & ability to manage personal workload
• Confident, pro-active approach to work

would appreciate your help.....