ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension | Previous Earning Query - Diff Currency

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manisankarmani

Tier 1 Extension | Previous Earning Query - Diff Currency

Post by manisankarmani » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:41 pm

I need an urgent help. Please help.

Well let me explain my doubt quickly:

In my salary slip the amount shown is in INR and showing deposited to UK Bank ( The UK BANK account number clearly shown in the payslip )

Now in UK bank statement the same amount is reflecting as salary but in GBP. This is absolutely straight forward to us that the INR is reflecting as GBP in UK Bank account due to conversion. In UK Bank statement its shown as Salary entry ( no conversion nothing mentioned there)

As I left my previous employer and they don't co-operate ex-employees regarding any visa related issue, it will not be possible to get any letter from them showing the amount in GBP in UK Bank is corresponds the amount in INR mentioned in payslip.

If I apply as it is with a cover letter stating the currency difference, do you gentlemen foresee any issue with that.

Please let me know If made you confused.

I wouldn't have even bother you to write as its common sense, but thought of asking as it could be a reason for the HO to invalidate my case.

Hope to see a reply soon. Thanks in advance.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:07 pm

employer is not supporing no problem , u should have

1 Agreement with employer
2 payslips
3 bank statemets
4 work attandnece sheet if any
5. communication with clients of yr company if any
6. any other evidence to prove u have earned this salary
7. employer at least should not refuse that u worked for them

to make yr case strong otherwise u r in trouble
CDOKS

manisankarmani

Post by manisankarmani » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi Sushil,

I guess I confused you. I am writing it again -

I do have salary slip and bank statement. Only difference is
- In salary slip the amount is in INR. But that amount is credited to UK account so it became GBP.

say salary slip saying net Rs. 140 , but in UK Bank account the amout is appearing as £2

Thought the salary slip has the UK bank account number there. Do you foresee if I apply with the salary slip and bank statement?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:51 pm

it doest matter

so long yr gross salary meets threshold , see that u convert INR in gbp to reach thereshold , no multiplier effect
CDOKS

manisankarmani

Post by manisankarmani » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Thanks for your prompt response Sushil.

Yes the Gross is crossing the threshold. Only thing is my concern is that the amount in payslip (Net) is in INR where as that is been credited to UK account in GBP.

Though if you apply conversion rate on INR, you get the GBP showing in UK bank account. But only thing is - they are in different currencies and no where in my employer payslip shows the exchange rate or so.

Though it straightforward, but still thought of clarifying this point whether you see any risk or not.

Hope your reply covering this point. Thanks indeed.