ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ladipo
Newly Registered

help needed

Post by ladipo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:35 am

I am currently a holder of the EEA2 and my wife is exercising her treaty rights through self employment.We are expecting our new born baby and our currently accomodation would not be suitable living there with the new born,i want to find out what we can do as we dont really have huge finances at the moment and can we get a council house without it affecting our permanent residence application,i also want to find out if we can get housing benefit or anyother thing towards help in getting a proper house.thanks our response will be highly appreciated

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: help needed

Post by rachellynn1972 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:07 pm

ladipo wrote:I am currently a holder of the EEA2 and my wife is exercising her treaty rights through self employment.We are expecting our new born baby and our currently accomodation would not be suitable living there with the new born,i want to find out what we can do as we dont really have huge finances at the moment and can we get a council house without it affecting our permanent residence application,i also want to find out if we can get housing benefit or anyother thing towards help in getting a proper house.thanks our response will be highly appreciated
Criteria of getting a housing house lays within the housing benefit or association, and getting money from the government to support you lays with you income and contributions, as for child tax credit you will surely get that when you have your baby, but will be tricky as both of you are still hoping of getting permanent residence status, but I will advice you to make sure it was you EEA partner be the claimer and claiming for you, do not claim direct on your name, let your eea spouse do that. But there are laws guiding you if you the non eea wishing to get a permanent residence, But you must be still be exercising treaty right up to that 5yrs…. just ask your CAB for better advice.