ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit on a Contract?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bradJ
Newly Registered

Work Permit on a Contract?

Post by bradJ » Wed May 24, 2006 4:44 pm

Hi,

Job hunting in the permanent market is proving troublesome, first off the bat most recruitment agencies dont seem to understand the work permit system and are continuously asking if I have a work permit. Obviuosly I dont, so I sit and explain to them that the employer has to apply, this usually results in silence / hanging up.

The main issue seems to be getting my CV through to the actual employers as most Agencies, they see "work permit required" and they simply delete
:roll:

Ive tried atleast making the sound of a work permit more attractive on my CV. There are advantages, lower turnover rates, less chance of their employee running off at the first sign of a bettter job.

The question I need to ask, its it possible to secure a work permit on a contractual basis (ie 3/6 months) most companies (thats if my CV is getting through to them) wouldnt consider taking on the risk on a permanent position, but if the work is contractual the risk is lower on their side.

Im a qualified CCNA Network Engineer, and havent been able to secure an interview in 2 months of job hunting and time is fast running out (less than 2 months left on my working holiday visa) :¬|

Any Advice?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Work Permit on a Contract?

Post by pantaiema » Tue May 30, 2006 6:04 pm

Dear brad
I am sorry about your job hunting, but what make me confuse is that,
I really doubt that the recruitment agencies do not know that the employer has to apply for you work permit. It is highly unlike that this is the case, you could question about the credibility of these recruitment agents.

I think they are asking you question for very obvious reason.

Pantaiema

bradJ wrote:Hi,

Job hunting in the permanent market is proving troublesome, first off the bat most recruitment agencies dont seem to understand the work permit system and are continuously asking if I have a work permit. Obviuosly I dont, so I sit and explain to them that the employer has to apply, this usually results in silence / hanging up.

The main issue seems to be getting my CV through to the actual employers as most Agencies, they see "work permit required" and they simply delete
:roll:

Ive tried atleast making the sound of a work permit more attractive on my CV. There are advantages, lower turnover rates, less chance of their employee running off at the first sign of a bettter job.

The question I need to ask, its it possible to secure a work permit on a contractual basis (ie 3/6 months) most companies (thats if my CV is getting through to them) wouldnt consider taking on the risk on a permanent position, but if the work is contractual the risk is lower on their side.

Im a qualified CCNA Network Engineer, and havent been able to secure an interview in 2 months of job hunting and time is fast running out (less than 2 months left on my working holiday visa) :¬|

Any Advice?