ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa (FVV) - queries

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T1_Mainframe

Family Visitor Visa (FVV) - queries

Post by T1_Mainframe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi,

Can my family members (in-laws) apply for FVV 3 months advance from travel date?

Thanks,
t1_mf

I have found following information on VFS Delhi website:
When to submit your application
You can start the visa application process up to 3 months in advance of your planned travel date. The UK Border Agency advises you to start the visa application process at least 5-10 weeks prior to your planned travel date. This should allow you enough time to complete your application form, prepare your supporting documents, submit your biometrics and for the UK Border Agency to process your visa application. Visa applicants should bear in mind that each application is subject to an individual assessment and processing times may vary.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:57 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote:Hi,

I am in UK on Tier1 (G) and would like to sponsor the visit of my in-laws.

I have two questions on Supporting documents.

1. Do I need to provide original bank statement and payslips? or I can send photo copies?
2. We (I and wife) live in 2 bedroom house. Do I need to provide a letter from landlady? I will submit Council Tax receipt and one utility bill to support accomodation requirement.

Thanks
t1_mf
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:04 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote:Can my family members (in-laws) apply for FVV 3 months advance from travel date?
Yes. See also ECB 9.5.
T1_Mainframe wrote:1. Do I need to provide original bank statement and payslips? or I can send photo copies?
Original, if your income and availability of funds are being relied upon for the purpose of the application.
T1_Mainframe wrote:2. We (I and wife) live in 2 bedroom house. Do I need to provide a letter from landlady? I will submit Council Tax receipt and one utility bill to support accomodation requirement.
You should, to state that she has no objection to additional persons (not named in the tenancy agreement) to live in the property (temporarily).

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks sushdmehta.

Point 2. My in-laws will self sponsor their visit. We will only support them for accomodation. I hope sending photo copies of Bank Statement and Payslip should be fine.

I have another question on form, to be used by mother-in-law, who is a housewife and dependent to my father-in-law.

VAF1B NOV 2008
Income and Expenditure
5.10 What is your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation after tax? No
5.11 Do you receive income from any other sources, including friends or family? Yes, from spouse (husband)

I know answer to Q5.10 is No. However, I want to acertain answer to Q5.11. Is that the proper answer?

Many thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Income = money received for work and through investments.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Thanks. Based on the definition of 'income', I do agree that she does not have any income.

However, what's that 'including friends or family'. What should she write if she is supported by her spouse?

5.11 Do you receive income from any other sources, including friends or family? Yes, from spouse (husband)

Thanks.
sushdmehta wrote:Income = money received for work and through investments.